babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
bonnet logo - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: bonnet logo (/Thread-bonnet-logo)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: bonnet logo - cjfp - 07-08-2011 07:43am

Ahh, have looked again at LR website and u could well be right "Delete Engine Badge" - I originally read it one way (and did think it was a bit of a silly option!) but yours sounds a much more likely choice to make. Apologies to all for starting an irrelevant thread and it can be ignored now.

RE: bonnet logo - vinny - 07-08-2011 12:33pm

De badging is one of my pet hates!!EvilI am a member on a BMW forum as well and it seems to be rife amongst them.
De badging nearly always means people trying to hide the fact they have a base model but people who know their cars can recognise a base model from the top model without the badges anyway!
Even though my RRE will be a 'basic' pure model it has never crossed my mind to try and make it look anything else,not into this 'willy waving' thingLaughing

RE: bonnet logo - paulelescoces - 07-08-2011 01:42pm

I don't think its all "willy waving".... I will get a Dynamic/Prestige SD4 have asked to not have the engine badge as I prefer a clean look, I would also "delete" the evoque badge if possible to do so from factory to keep the rear completely clean.

RE: bonnet logo - XFullFatTim - 07-08-2011 02:01pm

It will be easy to remove it yourself as all you will need is a hairdryer and either some fine fishing line or dental floss to get any of the badges off.

RE: bonnet logo - Charlie - 07-08-2011 02:07pm

Charlie goes off to google 'willy waving'

not heard that one before!

RE: bonnet logo - berlin2011 - 07-08-2011 02:10pm

(07-08-2011 02:07pm)Charlie Wrote:  Charlie goes off to google 'willy waving'

not heard that one before!

Laughing do let us know what you find

RE: bonnet logo - mark_n - 07-08-2011 02:16pm

(07-08-2011 04:40am)Gorjan Wrote:  As i understand, the option is to just remove the engine type designation on the back, not the RR logo.

Correct, it's just to remove the SD4 or whatever from the back so that it just says Evoque - Black for Pure, Silver for Prestige, Red for Dynamic. I'm having the logo removed, i have no interest in advertising what engine I have. (Si4 for the record).

This option has nothing to do with removing "Range Rover" from the front.

RE: bonnet logo - vinny - 07-08-2011 02:29pm

Thought 'willy waving' was quite a well known term....meaning showing off your bigger/better/more impressive possesion by waving it around in peoples faces.Just like you would do in the showers if you were suitably qualified to do so.Shocked
Actually is on google by the way just checkedLaughing

RE: bonnet logo - XFullFatTim - 07-08-2011 02:38pm

For our continental forum membership - willy waving......... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=willy%20waver

RE: bonnet logo - Charlie - 07-08-2011 02:45pm

(07-08-2011 02:38pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  For our continental forum membership.....

And me Laughing

You learn something every day!

Brilliant definition Vinny - love it!

You could write in the back of Viz.