babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Auto Wipers aaaaarrrrggg!!!! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Auto Wipers aaaaarrrrggg!!!! (/Thread-Auto-Wipers-aaaaarrrrggg)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Auto Wipers aaaaarrrrggg!!!! - AandM1228 - 28-11-2012 05:54pm

Yep, mine have a mind of their own as well. I have noticed if I am traveling at a constant pace they seem to work fine but if I'm in stop and go traffic, they may or may not come on. I am constantly adjusting them.

RE: Auto Wipers aaaaarrrrggg!!!! - XFullFatTim - 28-11-2012 06:02pm

Land Rover wipers usually stop when you stop in traffic and then go to intermittent and resume wiping when you drive off. What annoys me are the seemingly pointless wipes over a dry screen as well.

RE: Auto Wipers aaaaarrrrggg!!!! - AandM1228 - 28-11-2012 06:04pm

(28-11-2012 06:02pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Land Rover wipers usually stop when you stop in traffic and then go to intermittent and resume wiping when you drive off. What annoys me are the seemingly pointless wipes over a dry screen as well.

Ha ha! Well maybe they are working correctly thenSmile this is my first LR

RE: Auto Wipers aaaaarrrrggg!!!! - Bodlyfunctions - 28-11-2012 06:19pm

you might want to disable it in the winter so you dont tear your wiper blades when you start the car and the wipers are frozen to the glass.
you also might want to disable then when having the car washed?

RE: Auto Wipers aaaaarrrrggg!!!! - WB - 28-11-2012 06:36pm

(28-11-2012 05:53pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Don't ask me! Way back in 1998 my Disco2 had a speed related rear window wiper, for every five times the front wiped the rear gave a wipe until I got up to something like 60 when the rear wiper automatically became continuous - above 100mph on my last FFRR and TDv8RRS the same thing happened - don't know why LR decided to make it a highly illegal speed and a very silly one to be driving at in rain!

They probably have someone employed to work on wiper logic! and based on the feedback here there appears to be an opportunity to redeploy them on something useful... QC might be a good place Wink

RE: Auto Wipers aaaaarrrrggg!!!! - Bowl - 28-11-2012 07:41pm

My 2003 Mercedes' auto-wipers work WAYYYYY better than the Evoque's, and that is without the sensitivity adjustment ring - it doesn't need one.

RE: Auto Wipers aaaaarrrrggg!!!! - cardiffevoque - 28-11-2012 08:07pm

It sounds like your rain sensitive wipers are functioning fine. Mine do the same frenzied wipe on occasions and it used to be the same with my VW Scirocco. It's something I've just grown used to. However I do turn off my wipers more often so they don't wipe needlessly on a dry screen.

RE: Auto Wipers aaaaarrrrggg!!!! - Evo-king - 28-11-2012 08:58pm

I think I can live with their quirky set up, as I often adjust the rotary collar on the wiper stalk to match the conditions.

BUT, what I am very conscious of now (at this time of year) is that I move the wiper stalk to the off position, I don't want the wipers trying to move on a frozen screen.

RE: Auto Wipers aaaaarrrrggg!!!! - IKM - 28-11-2012 09:10pm

(28-11-2012 06:19pm)Bodlyfunctions Wrote:  you might want to disable it in the winter so you dont tear your wiper blades when you start the car and the wipers are frozen to the glass.
you also might want to disable then when having the car washed?
Thanks, great reminder, just disabled auto as it's already freezing here tonight.

RE: Auto Wipers aaaaarrrrggg!!!! - PhilSkill - 28-11-2012 10:01pm

Always keep mine off and have the intermittent setting at Max, then turn to Auto if it drizzles/rain they work just fine.