babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Visit to Edinburgh - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Visit to Edinburgh (/Thread-Visit-to-Edinburgh)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Visit to Edinburgh - XFullFatTim - 03-11-2012 09:55am

Well I woke up to traces of snow on the greenhouse roof and garden this morning so I'll take the camera into town when I go later but it is now raining. We are only 30m above sealevel here

RE: Visit to Edinburgh - PhilSkill - 03-11-2012 11:14am

Sorry nothing to do with Edinburgh but thought i'd share Smile

[attachment=2982][attachment=2983][attachment=2984][attachment=2985][attachment=2986]

RE: Visit to Edinburgh - Evo-king - 03-11-2012 11:35am

Phil,

Westonbirt by any chance? Was there the weekend before, when I saw the Offroading AC Cobras (That's for you Tim).

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Spotted-Today

RE: Visit to Edinburgh - PhilSkill - 03-11-2012 11:40am

Yes indeed, two weekends ago...

RE: Visit to Edinburgh - Wired - 08-11-2012 11:04am

Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to go there.

RE: Visit to Edinburgh - Bobthefish - 09-11-2012 09:37am

If you would really like to drive some great roads, have a ride up to Fort William up through Glencoe. The roads and scenery up there are spot on. Its a fair trek from Edinburgh, but compared to driving from Spain it isn't far! If you like good food, and want somewhere to eat in Edinburgh with a nice harbour view try the restaurant Loch Fyne. I went not so long ago and it was really good Smile

RE: Visit to Edinburgh - XFullFatTim - 19-11-2012 08:53pm

Well...................... what an introduction to Scotland for Wired and Mrs Wired! 55mm of rain in 12 hours has caused havoc across Central Scotland so the Wired's Baltic Blue Evoque is now very clean! Sorry Gerard that we didn't get to go on the tracks but I heard this evening that the village we had to go through that we heard at the distillery was "flooded" is actually mostly underwater in the Main Street as the River Forth has burst it's banks and poured through the village centre (might improve it!). Also my apologies that the best bit of Stirling castle were closed due to ITV filming their Christmas TV show............. and we didn't get to see either of the stars - Rod Stewart and Kylie - either.
Hopefully the Distillery visit made up for it!

RE: Visit to Edinburgh - PhilSkill - 19-11-2012 09:55pm

I thought that was just a normal day in Scotland! Laughing

RE: Visit to Edinburgh - Amadeus - 24-11-2012 09:41pm

What a thoroughly enjoyable thread! I've been as far as Loch Ness but not driving an Evoque - maybe one day .....Smile