babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
RRE Sport - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: RRE Sport (/Thread-RRE-Sport)

Pages: 1 2

RE: RRE Sport - BeemerBoy - 06-10-2012 10:36am

(05-10-2012 03:19pm)alibeau Wrote:  And translated into english please (for a dim wit blonde)..... Very Happy

Meaning the MPG will be rubbish ... or not as good as it could be. And the in gear shove might leave a bit to be desired in comparison to your turbo.

RE: RRE Sport - Izzy - 06-10-2012 02:29pm

(05-10-2012 03:19pm)alibeau Wrote:  And translated into english please (for a dim wit blonde)..... Very Happy

Lol, well I personally prefer turbocharged engines as it allows the "opportunity" to get a higher mpg(untrue if you have a lead foot and rely on the boost often). Second reason is for modifications. Often aftermarket support for modifications tend to be plentiful for a turbocharged engine versus a naturally aspirated one. There's just a lower limit of horsepower that can be cranked out of a naturally aspirated engine. Through the grapevine, the same supposed Jag V6(I doubt it's a Jag-made engine, but rather the same one they'll use in the Jag line) is a detuned version. So unless they're offering warrantied tuning(which is doubtful), you'll be stuck with a weaker version of a gas guzzling V6.

Note: These are all assumptions anyways so who knows, they might offer a supercharged V6. Which I will sell my first born for ;p

RE: RRE Sport - XFullFatTim - 06-10-2012 03:19pm

You 2.0ltr Turbo in the Evoque is a Ford Ecotec engine, same one that goes into the new Focus ST here in Europe.
The Jaguar V6 is an in house design IIRC. I wonder how long before the F Type gets a lovely torquetastic V6 Turbo diesel........................

RE: RRE Sport - Izzy - 08-10-2012 12:30am

I have no issues with an outsourced engine but I'm not a fan of a naturally aspirated one. I read through some more "rumor" sites and it seems the Evoque R will get a supercharged V6 that is borrowed from Jag's F type, albeit detuned(supposedly!). I would definitely be trading my Evoque in if that was the case Wink Power is to be around 340hp 0.o Yikes! This could potentially put the 0-60(mph) at sub 6 seconds. And if you did tune it, you could hit 350hp at the wheels pretty easily. Schweeet.
Although on second thought, I'd wait for Porsche's new Macan before making a decision(I had initially planned to purchase the Macan instead of the Evoque but the need of a new vehicle came suddenly last month and the Macan won't be out till late 2013/early 2014)

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2014-porsche-macan-future-cars