babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Door resprayed - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Door resprayed (/Thread-Door-resprayed)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Door resprayed - Kentboy - 23-09-2012 10:15pm

(23-09-2012 10:12pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The problem for the painter is getting the micatallic particles in the paint laying in the same direct as those of the original paint, that will be very very difficult to achieve and I think you may end up with a door that always looks resprayed

Big Cry

RE: Door resprayed - x5pea - 23-09-2012 10:19pm

(23-09-2012 10:12pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The problem for the painter is getting the micatallic particles in the paint laying in the same direct as those of the original paint, that will be very very difficult to achieve and I think you may end up with a door that always looks resprayed
yeah cause the LR paint finish is rubbish and the door wills stick out like a sore thumb LaughingLaughing

I look at thousand of cars every year mate and a partial paint will always be noticeable in some way or other. Having said that 99\% of people don't have a clue so its likely to never be noticed. I do sympathise as small mismatches chips, scratches in my own car annoy me no end.
Hopefully the painter will get it right second time, not many would give it a second go.

RE: Door resprayed - J77 - 24-09-2012 12:18pm

When I had the D3, some little retard took a key along my two passenger side doors, took it to Stratstone Perth as Stratstone Cupar didn't do body repairs. Like yourself I was concerned that the colour (cairns blue) wouldn't match, so asked them how noticeable it would be and they said zero, he explained the painter would blend it into the creases of the body work (very hard on a car that has flat sides) and would do the full doors. The car was away 3 days and I take my hat off to the person who worked on the car a credit to his profession, I couldn't see any difference in the paint finishes. I think sometimes it depends on the effort care that the repairer puts in.

RE: Door resprayed - Richieleo - 24-09-2012 12:20pm

J77 - Couldn't agree more!

RE: Door resprayed - Kentboy - 24-09-2012 09:23pm

Took it back to the spray shop today and they are keen to put the blemishes right which they say are caused by my GTechniq C1 protective coating that can cause problems when it doesn't all come off when they use truck wash to clean the paintwork before painting. Looks as though I will always have the slight difference in paintwork I can currently see in the sunlight though.

Oh dear not a happy bunny overall. Sad

RE: Door resprayed - XFullFatTim - 24-09-2012 09:28pm

So if you don't want future respray hassles don't use GTechniq on your car?

RE: Door resprayed - doug - 24-09-2012 09:37pm

IPA will remove a coating of C1

RE: Door resprayed - speary - 25-09-2012 01:19pm

It is possible to get a perfect repair on metallic/pearlescent finishes. I had the rear wing replaced on my previous A5. It was done by an audi approved bodyshop and the paint finish was immaculate and undetectable, even through a magnifying glass. The metallic particle density was the same as the other side of the car and it also looke the same in all lighting conditions.
Go back and get them to put it right or take it to somebody who knows what they are doing. You dont have to live with the problem

RE: Door resprayed - Kentboy - 25-09-2012 07:25pm

(25-09-2012 01:19pm)speary Wrote:  It is possible to get a perfect repair on metallic/pearlescent finishes. I had the rear wing replaced on my previous A5. It was done by an audi approved bodyshop and the paint finish was immaculate and undetectable, even through a magnifying glass. The metallic particle density was the same as the other side of the car and it also looke the same in all lighting conditions.
Go back and get them to put it right or take it to somebody who knows what they are doing. You dont have to live with the problem

Thanks and I may well take it somewhere else. I am still hurting inside as its only a couple of months old and I am not sure I will be able to live with it. The problem I will have is that the spray shop I have used looks to be top notch and I have every confidence in them. What if I take it somewhere else and it's comes back worse than it is now!!!!!

RE: Door resprayed - The Valeter - 25-09-2012 10:31pm

(25-09-2012 07:25pm)Kentboy Wrote:  Thanks and I may well take it somewhere else. I am still hurting inside as its only a couple of months old and I am not sure I will be able to live with it. The problem I will have is that the spray shop I have used looks to be top notch and I have every confidence in them. What if I take it somewhere else and it's comes back worse than it is now!!!!!

This could well be the problem as I have seen when valeting customers cars, some are so bad that I could have done a better job with a rattle can! Mechspray I do know are award winning painters & I guess we are all human & can't be 100% perfect all the time.