babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Indian version of an evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Indian version of an evoque (/Thread-Indian-version-of-an-evoque)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Indian version of an evoque - doug - 19-07-2012 09:49pm

How would you all feel if that picture was posted as the new Discovery 5 with no mention of Tata ?

RE: Indian version of an evoque - cutter7 - 19-07-2012 10:14pm

While we’ve seen some cars converted to resemble a car from a different brand, we’ve always laughed at the effort. This, is no exception! It is a Tata Safari that has been ‘styled’ to look like the Range Rover Evoque - ironic considering the fact that Tata own Land Rover, yet they make inferior cars.

The work has been done by an Indian tuner called BigDaddyCustoms, residing in New Delhi. While the transformation could never be called successful, it is nevertheless striking and, if you get the irony of the whole concept, you may even stop hating it. Even its name is funny: Moon Rover.

Also, it's a wonder. Since Tata and Land Rover are now basically the same entity, why don’t they continue making the Defender in India (as it will be replaced by a production version of this), with no features, as simple as possible, in order to make it accessible to the developing Indian car market - as people know and recognize the LR badge, which would be one of its key selling points.

Indian version of an evoque - Barneyridge - 19-07-2012 10:19pm

Looks like a RRE Popemobile from the back

RE: Indian version of an evoque - Jonathon555 - 19-07-2012 10:21pm

Looks Censored / thread

RE: Indian version of an evoque - jitenc - 19-07-2012 10:56pm

Did anyone think that Tata may be collaborating with NASA and hence thinking of sending a car to the moon. Isn't that why they called it Moon Rover? Who knows, maybe a first:-)

What colour is it .... Lunar White?

RE: Indian version of an evoque - invoke - 20-07-2012 05:41am

eweee !! can I puke now?

what an ugly shape. there is no flow or balance in design.

perhaps they should name it dont-embarace-me-over&over

:rolf:

RE: Indian version of an evoque - fam1x - 20-07-2012 03:14pm

Doesn't India already own the Evoque (Tata motors owns LandRover) why would you copy it lol

RE: Indian version of an evoque - Biker - 26-07-2012 02:52am

More photos of that ugly thing. I dare not call it a car.

Warning: Have puke bucket on standby before opening this.

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/latest-launches/this-tata-thinks-it-s-an-evoque-1.1347227

RE: Indian version of an evoque - XFullFatTim - 26-07-2012 11:49am

I suppose they couldn't call it Lunar Rover because NASA already owns the rights to that vehicle name!