babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Spare wheel - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Spare wheel (/Thread-Spare-wheel--4755)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Spare wheel - XFullFatTim - 23-10-2012 01:41pm

IIRC none of the "normal" wheels and tyres will fit in the spare well. You have to have a special "skinny" spacesaver that isn't as thick but has the right rolling diameter for the Evoque

RE: Spare wheel - Nowaytk - 23-10-2012 02:53pm

Before anyone asks, yes I got a puncture ( fortunately a screw right in the middle of the tread )
Typical, tyre can't be saved as the tyre wall has damage on the inside, if only I Had the TPMS Fitted, would've realised before driving on it Sad .

RE: Spare wheel - XFullFatTim - 23-10-2012 04:46pm

You would still have driven on it unless the tyre had gone flat before you drove off.......... the Evoque's TPMS only tells you the pressure is below what it should be, not the actual pressure in the tyre.

RE: Spare wheel - paulcon - 23-10-2012 05:15pm

My dealer wants £386 to supply the spare wheel and accompanying bits because the previous numpty owner of my car decided not to shell out the £120. Tool

RE: Spare wheel - Nowaytk - 23-10-2012 05:21pm

(23-10-2012 04:46pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You would still have driven on it unless the tyre had gone flat before you drove off.......... the Evoque's TPMS only tells you the pressure is below what it should be, not the actual pressure in the tyre.

Unfortunately didn't know if it was flat before I drove off or when driving ( it was another driver that told me it was flat ) puncture was on near side.
Just been rinsed for the princely sum of £330, oh well it's only money Shocked

RE: Spare wheel - XFullFatTim - 23-10-2012 05:31pm

No wheel and tyre insurance? Mine from LPR coughed up £270 of the £300 of a new 20" so it's been paid for in the first claim!

RE: Spare wheel - Nowaytk - 23-10-2012 06:23pm

(23-10-2012 05:31pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  No wheel and tyre insurance? Mine from LPR coughed up £270 of the £300 of a new 20" so it's been paid for in the first claim!

Unfortunately I didn't, as not only did I get a £330 puncture, two days before I caught an edge of a drop kerb Banging Head.

RE: Spare wheel - dkearns - 24-10-2012 02:22pm

(30-06-2012 02:15pm)Griff449 Wrote:  Well I am thinking of buying an actual spare style 5 wheel and could sell my spare for the normal option price possibly..............
Griff - long time since you posted this I know - did you proceed with the plan?

RE: Spare wheel - speary - 25-10-2012 08:47am

(23-10-2012 05:15pm)paulcon Wrote:  My dealer wants £386 to supply the spare wheel and accompanying bits because the previous numpty owner of my car decided not to shell out the £120. Tool

Hope your not suggesting that every owner who didnt spec the spare is a numpty tool, although it sounds like you are Evil. Owners choose options / specs for lots of reasons non of which merits being called a tool

RE: Spare wheel - XFullFatTim - 25-10-2012 09:35am

Well I must be a numpty tool too as I don't have a spare. I decided that as I have not had a puncture / blow out in more than 15 years I didn't see the point in shelling out £120 for an eventuality that is almost as rare for me as a blue moon. The slash that I had in one of my tyres I found after I had removed the winter set of wheels to fit my 20" summer set, the tyre could still be drivien on but was not repairable. No doubt having typed this I will now suffer a string of punctures.............