babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Signed order today - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Signed order today (/Thread-Signed-order-today)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Signed order today - Griff449 - 26-04-2012 02:24pm

Nice one Smile I ordered the other day and I have also been told that mine won't be ready until Sept

RE: Signed order today - caroline11000 - 26-04-2012 02:24pm

Yes you can add front fogs on their own, from memory think they were £205 approx but without them you just have black blank plates which doesn't look as nice! Look at some pics with and without before you make up your mind.
My first Evoque didn't have the spare wheel but my new one does as I decided it would be a good idea after reading stories about the goo stuff, and I haven't noticed any less storage space because the wheel is housed under the boot carpet so takes up no boot space at all, without the spare wheel the compartment under the carpet is filled with a polystyrene mould with holes in to fit the goo stuff and air compressor, hope that helps! You only get the jack and wheel brace with the spare wheel!

RE: Signed order today - Griff449 - 26-04-2012 02:26pm

I also have my own extendable wheel brace that I carry as they are a lot easier to use then the LR one !

Signed order today - Rossy100 - 26-04-2012 02:31pm

Thanks Caroline.

On the fence re spare tyre. Can't help thinking might be better spending the cash on tyre insurance. That way can use goo if any problem but don't need to worry about new tyres costing a bomb.

In any case..... I wouldn't know where to start changing a tyre so would always call out recovery (who can happily use goo on my behalf!!).

RE: Signed order today - Lucky - 29-04-2012 11:04am

(26-04-2012 02:24pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  Yes you can add front fogs on their own, from memory think they were £205 approx but without them you just have black blank plates which doesn't look as nice! Look at some pics with and without before you make up your mind.
My first Evoque didn't have the spare wheel but my new one does as I decided it would be a good idea after reading stories about the goo stuff, and I haven't noticed any less storage space because the wheel is housed under the boot carpet so takes up no boot space at all, without the spare wheel the compartment under the carpet is filled with a polystyrene mould with holes in to fit the goo stuff and air compressor, hope that helps! You only get the jack and wheel brace with the spare wheel!

Thank you! I have now added front fogs and spare wheel.....anything else I need?? Thanks so much!

RE: Signed order today - caroline11000 - 29-04-2012 11:21am

(29-04-2012 11:04am)Lucky Wrote:  Thank you! I have now added front fogs and spare wheel.....anything else I need?? Thanks so much!

Good choice, just got to wait now for your delivery! Very Happy

RE: Signed order today - Lucky - 29-04-2012 07:48pm

(29-04-2012 11:21am)caroline11000 Wrote:  Good choice, just got to wait now for your delivery! Very Happy

The trouble with waiting so long is the temptation to keep adding things. So far I have added heated steering wheel, spare wheel and front fogs. I need to stop thinking about it!!!!

Signed order today - hondafreak - 03-05-2012 07:31pm

Why a spare wheel? No tyre fix kit?

RE: Signed order today - Straydox - 03-05-2012 07:34pm

(03-05-2012 07:31pm)hondafreak Wrote:  Why a spare wheel? No tyre fix kit?

Yup tyre fix kit. If you use it then the sealing compound makes the (VERY expensive) tyre unrepairable and covers the wheel in gunge that is hard to clean off.