babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
dual a/c temp - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: dual a/c temp (/Thread-dual-a-c-temp)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: dual a/c temp - cjfp - 16-04-2012 04:52pm

From Manual - Note: The maximum possible temperature differential between the driver and passenger
settings is 4°C (7°F).

[but even that still isn't proof!]

RE: dual a/c temp - THEMACS - 16-04-2012 10:51pm

I cant believe that people have an issue with this!! They are a couple of inches apart and it is much better than having them linked then fart arsing around trying to change them independently, its the same system as my BMW, works well no issue. END OF!!!!!!!!

RE: dual a/c temp - Biker - 16-04-2012 11:52pm

Even my Nissan does this and it not even a "Menu" feature, but a matter of pressing a button to link/unlink it.
Sounds very much like the story of the americans spending a few million in desiging a pen that can work in space with zero gravity. And the russians came along to overcome the same problem by using a pencil.

RE: dual a/c temp - speary - 17-04-2012 08:30am

(16-04-2012 01:47pm)benzina Wrote:  My sisters got a Audi Q5, and yes,although you can link them via the menu settings,but once done so, if you or your passenger accidentally adjust the passenger side dial,then they both become out of sync all over again from that point on,and you need to go back to the menu to do it all over again...thats annoying too.

You dont need the menu on the audi. Just press and hold the drivers temp button and the passenger temp will be synchronised until the passenger changes it

RE: dual a/c temp - timslim - 17-04-2012 08:33am

(16-04-2012 10:51pm)THEMACS Wrote:  I cant believe that people have an issue with this!! They are a couple of inches apart and it is much better than having them linked then fart arsing around trying to change them independently, its the same system as my BMW, works well no issue. END OF!!!!!!!!

+1

RE: dual a/c temp - XFullFatTim - 17-04-2012 09:33am

I have owned 7 land and Range Rovers with dual zone air-con or climate and one that has next to no heating and air-con is flaps under the windscreen, none have had this linking facility. It isn't a problem and is one of those things that makes a Land Rover a Land Rover and not an Audi or a Merc. If it was such a huge issue I would have bought an Audi instead but it is a non-issue for me with such easy to use controls - anyway I never drive from the passenger seat so the temperature on that side doesn't matter to me, and I have no objection to a passenger controlling the temperature on their side so long as that, the seat settings and the seat heater are the only controls they touch.

RE: dual a/c temp - Donny Dog - 17-04-2012 01:27pm

(17-04-2012 09:33am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I have owned 7 land and Range Rovers with dual zone air-con or climate and one that has next to no heating and air-con is flaps under the windscreen, none have had this linking facility. It isn't a problem and is one of those things that makes a Land Rover a Land Rover and not an Audi or a Merc. If it was such a huge issue I would have bought an Audi instead but it is a non-issue for me with such easy to use controls - anyway I never drive from the passenger seat so the temperature on that side doesn't matter to me, and I have no objection to a passenger controlling the temperature on their side so long as that, the seat settings and the seat heater are the only controls they touch.

Exactly! It is surely MORE sophisticated to have individual controls, not less.

RE: dual a/c temp - PhilSkill - 17-04-2012 01:55pm

Volvo's can be linked by pressing the buttons too.

But since i've never needed to change them and I don't want my passenger changing mine just because last time I used the control I linked them... so I like it the way it is.

They're a few inches apart it's not like the controls are on the opposing door handles!

RE: dual a/c temp - deadliner - 17-04-2012 02:44pm

VolksWagen does it this way. Start car and both controls are in sync. If one operates only drivers side, they remain synced. If passenger control is operated they start to operate independently until next engine start. Easy and smart. No menu, no additional buttons. Pure beauty.

RE: dual a/c temp - ED209 - 17-04-2012 02:48pm

Why would the driver care what temp the passenger is at anyway?

Surely its up to the passenger to sort their own temp?