babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
A few days in - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: A few days in (/Thread-A-few-days-in)

Pages: 1 2

RE: A few days in - XFullFatTim - 29-03-2012 04:25pm

Do we really have dodgy members on this forum?

RE: A few days in - Tallowplanic - 29-03-2012 07:13pm

(29-03-2012 11:14am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I think you might be asking for something that isn't there, that is what the on/off knob or tapping the screen is for.

I wasn't asking if there was a mute button, I was wishing it had one as per my opening remark.
(29-03-2012 03:01pm)paulus599 Wrote:  What you're asking for just doesn't make sense to me. You're not one of those dodgy people that uses their phones without it being in hands free mode are you? Confused

It makes perfect sense, I want to instantly turn down volume at the touch of a button when talking to another person in the car. Nothing to do with phones.

RE: A few days in - SiT - 29-03-2012 09:16pm

(29-03-2012 07:13pm)Tallowplanic Wrote:  I wasn't asking if there was a mute button, I was wishing it had one as per my opening remark.

It makes perfect sense, I want to instantly turn down volume at the touch of a button when talking to another person in the car. Nothing to do with phones.

In my previous VAG cars you could press the volume control button to mute the stereo. That’s probably what you are referring to, sure I’ve tried it on my Evoque and has a similar effect, I’ll have to check and get back.

RE: A few days in - tyke2 - 30-03-2012 01:46pm

The button on the steering wheel that has a picture of a face with sound waves coming out of it is the mute button on mine. If you press it the message " Audio off" appears on the screen.

RE: A few days in - Big G - 30-03-2012 01:49pm

(30-03-2012 01:46pm)tyke2 Wrote:  The button on the steering wheel that has a picture of a face with sound waves coming out of it is the mute button on mine. If you press it the message " Audio off" appears on the screen.
+1 - But only if you don't have voice contol as a feature.

RE: A few days in - Tallowplanic - 30-03-2012 03:07pm

(30-03-2012 01:49pm)Big G Wrote:  +1 - But only if you don't have voice contol as a feature.

I have voice control but I'll never use it, what a bummer, mute function much more useful.

RE: A few days in - LDT - 30-03-2012 05:53pm

(30-03-2012 03:07pm)Tallowplanic Wrote:  I have voice control but I'll never use it, what a bummer, mute function much more useful.

I thought that, but now use it all the time.

RE: A few days in - simonc - 30-03-2012 11:25pm

(29-03-2012 10:25am)Tallowplanic Wrote:  It does mute on receipt of call, but I want to be able to mute sound instantly when just talking to somebody else in the car.
Perhaps you missed or misunderstood the first reply, but the volume control knob (just to the left of the CD/DVD slot) doubles as a mute button - just press it and it mutes the audio instantly.

RE: A few days in - J77 - 31-03-2012 04:33pm

My pure has a mute button on the steering wheel, as don't have the SWYS system the button is still there and is used to mute the radio.

RE: A few days in - Tallowplanic - 31-03-2012 10:04pm

(30-03-2012 11:25pm)simonc Wrote:  Perhaps you missed or misunderstood the first reply, but the volume control knob (just to the left of the CD/DVD slot) doubles as a mute button - just press it and it mutes the audio instantly.

Thanks for that...I did. When they said the power button I asumed they were talking about the screen power button bottom left. Just tried the volumne knob and it works a treat as a mute button when pressed. Thanks again.