babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Ford Kuga Coupe 2012, the new contender? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Ford Kuga Coupe 2012, the new contender? (/Thread-Ford-Kuga-Coupe-2012-the-new-contender)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Ford Kuga Coupe 2012, the new contender? - Craig_d1 - 26-03-2012 11:40pm

http://www.motoringspy.co.uk/3275/geneva-2012-ford-kuga-second-generation-4x4/

Doesn't have the looks of the Evoque though IMHO.

RE: Ford Kuga Coupe 2012, the new contender? - Aussievoque - 26-03-2012 11:42pm

(26-03-2012 11:40pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Doesn't have the looks of the Evoque though IMHO.

Not even close!!

RE: Ford Kuga Coupe 2012, the new contender? - PhilSkill - 26-03-2012 11:58pm

Typical Ford the concept pics I saw earlier looked quite nice, the reality looks average.

A special kick activated tailgate... you kick under the rear bumper to open the tailgate... really, will lead to some damaged paintwork no doubt! calibrated so a cat or other animal wont accidently activate it... hmmm, and whats that about kicking cats! Laughing

Still wonder if you can close it from the keyfob?

RE: Ford Kuga Coupe 2012, the new contender? - jitenc - 27-03-2012 01:10am

Wonder if the concept of kicking could also open the bonnet as well, incase you get to the front and find out that you have forgotten to pull the latch that opens it!

Actually, I like the idea of kickin to activate things... Can think of lots of applications...

RE: Ford Kuga Coupe 2012, the new contender? - RacingSnake - 27-03-2012 07:23am

I missed this thread when it started and thought actually the 'coupe' looks really nice (although suspect production it wouldn't look like that)... then scrolling to the second page, what a disappointment.
I actually much prefer the 'Kuga' Mk1 to this new one.

RE: Ford Kuga Coupe 2012, the new contender? - Evoquative - 27-03-2012 08:09am

Not for me either. I did look at the Mk1 before deciding on the Evoque, but there was just no comparison - this model even less so.

RE: Ford Kuga Coupe 2012, the new contender? - BobM - 27-03-2012 11:39am

Im with the last two. The original Kuga looks okay though it loses value quicker than a greedy bank. This new model is just plain ugly. Looks a lot like a pumped up Focus or Mondeo and doesnt really have a style of its own. Im guessing its cheap cos it is cheap but hey ho if everything looked like an Evoque where would the fun be.

RE: Ford Kuga Coupe 2012, the new contender? - ceebee - 27-03-2012 08:58pm

IMHO Ford have spoilt the look of the original Kuga (which i am a big fan of).

There are too many of them around now, but I sold mine for more than 70% of its purchase price after 3 years, (I hope my Evoque is similar)? but as I said they are very popular now, so lots of competition for used ones, thus lower resale prices?

This new look won't help either, they seem to have gone for a C-max rear, which is not my cup of tea.

RE: Ford Kuga Coupe 2012, the new contender? - jitenc - 27-03-2012 09:39pm

Well, Atleast it may share one thing with the Evoque, the heated windscreen, if not the looks....

IMHO, larger cars look better with masculine finishes. The more curvier shape, like the BMW X6 makes it look very ridiculous. Hence, a lot of Babyrr forum members have gone for the looks of the Evoque.

RE: Ford Kuga Coupe 2012, the new contender? - XFullFatTim - 27-03-2012 10:44pm

One great thing about LR cars is that not one of them looks anything like any other car in the range, there is very little visual connection between them - even the grilles have different designs and finishes. All Audis BMW's and Mercs are getting to the stage that you cannot tell the difference between the front of the smallest car in the range from the biggest most luxury. You cannot mistake a Range Rover for an Evoque or a Disco4