babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Private Reg Plates. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Private Reg Plates. (/Thread-Private-Reg-Plates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: RE: Private Reg Plates. - MrHooky - 24-03-2012 12:21am

(23-03-2012 04:09pm)WB Wrote:  Well, goes to show how much you know...

Regtransfers and Elite valued it at £5.5k-£6k

and I just sold it Wink I won't give the exact figure but its quite a bit more than the plates its printed on Wink

Have a nice weekend... and in case you're a doubting Thomas....

[Image: regb.jpg]

WB - apologies. I was being a complete numpty. Just showed my wife and her immediate reaction was 'best ever, yeah would look good that'. I was rather blindly looking at a '57' plate with two of three last letters shared with the word Evoque.

Private plates clearly wasted on me. (despite me and my wife having matching ones!)

Good price. May I ask though - did you happen to have it from a 57 plate car or had you bought it as a private plate?!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

RE: Private Reg Plates. - Lookers Park Royal - 26-03-2012 12:04pm

I have ST04MER (Stormer) on retention if it is of interest to anyone?

James Smile

RE: Private Reg Plates. - BOBM4N - 26-03-2012 02:17pm

While I was looking for a plate I saw HE12 RRE and HE12 LRX...

Could be of interest in the right scenario?

RE: Private Reg Plates. - WB - 26-03-2012 02:46pm

(24-03-2012 12:21am)MrHooky Wrote:  WB - apologies. I was being a complete numpty. Just showed my wife and her immediate reaction was 'best ever, yeah would look good that'. I was rather blindly looking at a '57' plate with two of three last letters shared with the word Evoque.

Private plates clearly wasted on me. (despite me and my wife having matching ones!)

Good price. May I ask though - did you happen to have it from a 57 plate car or had you bought it as a private plate?!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

No probs mate, actually I have to give full credit to my wife who spotted it on the DVLA website - so clearly the ladies have an eye for these things!

We bought it speculatively from the DVLA and then advertised it. Its taken longer than I expected to sell but then again it wasn't an easy one to find unless someone had the same idea and specifically went looking for it!

It was way before we'd seen or considered ordering the Evoque - we just hoped it would appeal to someone a bit flashy who would pay a decent price for it and fortunately it has paid off! Otherwise would have been quite an expensive certificate as I don't think we would have used it!!

RE: Private Reg Plates. - PigLauncher - 02-04-2012 12:39pm

(23-03-2012 12:24am)The Valeter Wrote:  Not sure whether to leave as it comes (12 reg) but I chose the plate & the best they had was ** 12 VOC - sort of voque ish.
I have H1 EXV on my ZR-Express & H2 EXV on the Rover (EXV for Executive Valeting!) so I could have H3 EXV or even A3 EXV but I keep trying to find something Evoque based but the best I can find is E17 OKE or D19 LUX (Dine lux).
Any Thoughts?

NOoooooooo don't do it. The car is stunning and private plates are the epitome of bad taste. They belong on lime green Cleo’s or in wheelie bins.

RE: Private Reg Plates. - defender_uk - 02-04-2012 05:09pm

utter b******s piglauncher!

RE: Private Reg Plates. - XFullFatTim - 02-04-2012 05:38pm

So called Private/ Cherished plates have their uses when you have bike racks, a couple of trailers, maybe a caravan and a couple of lighting boards all to fit new plates to when you change cars, saves quite a bit if you have one plate you move from car to car, you also don't forget your number plate when you change cars.

RE: Private Reg Plates. - ED209 - 02-04-2012 06:17pm

(02-04-2012 05:09pm)defender_uk Wrote:  utter b******s piglauncher!

I agree with him, unless said plates are two letters and a one/two digit number e,g "MT 1"

RE: Private Reg Plates. - WB - 02-04-2012 09:38pm

I think what you mean is that it is a matter of opinion rather than taste Wink

RE: Private Reg Plates. - LDT - 02-04-2012 09:42pm

(02-04-2012 09:38pm)WB Wrote:  I think what you mean is that it is a matter of opinion rather than taste Wink

+1 - well said WB