babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? (/Thread-The-longest-wait-of-my-life-is-it-worth-it)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - XFullFatTim - 14-03-2012 02:56pm

Apart from cancelled orders you can reduce the wait by taking a showroom car, most dealers have 3 of them on the floor and at least one registered demo car. Discounts.......................... rarer than rocking horse do-do! You could try forum sponsors Prestige Autos though and see what they can do, but it's more likely to be at a premium than a discount.

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - The Valeter - 14-03-2012 03:08pm

(14-03-2012 02:02pm)leeselee Wrote:  Discounts - that is another thing.

I have NEVER bought ANYTHING and not got stuff thrown in and/or a discount - for me, it is a long and expensive wait......

Neither have I - - - Until now!

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - CSJ - 14-03-2012 03:30pm

If having to wait (and it could be even longer than 6 months as you won't have a build date), and getting no discount are going to leave a sour taste in your mouth then you should not buy the car!

The reality at the moment is they can sell more cars than they can build, forget discounts, and imagine how you will feel if it takes 9 months, that's still a possibility!

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - invoke - 14-03-2012 04:05pm

My sincere advise- get something else, the wait is not worth it. I've this car for the last 4 months and the bottom is mostly rusted, the muffler looks like one from 70s car, close enough to develop holes in next few months.

The car is nicely designed, quality is horrible. Not to mention the car has been gone for repair a few times for several electronics related problems ( the repair also include several hundred miles added on the odometer).

Lastly the designated Stealers (dealers) are disgustingly ugly in behavior.

Good luck !

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - LDT - 14-03-2012 05:27pm

I too had a CLK which I loved and was ultra reliable. Now have the RRE and am very pleased I decided to join the queue.

As above, you may get a LR experience voucher, perhaps a full tank of fuel, maybe an umbrella!

If your primary reason is you want to be seen in the latest thing, why not wait until the next "accessory" comes along?!

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - leeselee - 14-03-2012 05:39pm

(14-03-2012 02:07pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Bye Bye Then!! This car is not for you!

Wow! Is that my first flame??Shocked

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - colski1961 - 14-03-2012 05:56pm

discounts, er no, you might get a few 'freebies' thrown in - rear mat, carpet mats and mudflaps if you ask nicely at the time of order (plus a LR Teddy at hand-over).

However, from one who has had a few premium brands (with small waits AND discounts) it is worth it. Had ours since the start of the month, done 1000 miles now and I can say that it is worth the wait (although we only had to wait 5 months - ordered in Oct 2011).

I have had Range Rovers in the past (RRS V8 HSE in 2008 was the last) and vowed never to buy again BUT the experience to date this time around has been a lot sweeter.

Stick with it, it's worth it Smile (my view anyway)

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - leeselee - 14-03-2012 05:57pm

(14-03-2012 03:30pm)CSJ Wrote:  If having to wait (and it could be even longer than 6 months as you won't have a build date), and getting no discount are going to leave a sour taste in your mouth then you should not buy the car!

The reality at the moment is they can sell more cars than they can build, forget discounts, and imagine how you will feel if it takes 9 months, that's still a possibility!
Maybe now they are taking on more staff and building more cars there might not be 9 month wait...... Here's hoping. My husband is keen for me to get one. He put down the deposit!

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - Michelle - 14-03-2012 05:59pm

Same over here, minimum 6 months. I finish paying my Honda in september so the timing is fine. I neither have ever waited for anything that long apart from my 2 girls. Just imagine the joy when we go and pick it up in october. (I haven't got a date yet).

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it??? - THEMACS - 14-03-2012 06:10pm

(14-03-2012 05:39pm)leeselee Wrote:  Wow! Is that my first flame??Shocked

Rolling with Laughter

Sorry!!