babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) (/Thread-Thinking-of-getting-my-car-Wapping-matt-black-with-white-roof)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - Marsou - 23-01-2012 02:42pm

Black as is with Silver roof - there was one post here with pics of one like that and looked great

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - fam1x - 23-01-2012 03:27pm

Not sure if they can wrap the roof rails will have to ask, if they can then I'd just go with the colour of the roof then.

Thanks for the picture alibeau, shame they arent clear I still think it does look nicer in the fleash Smile I cant see why it should be more difficult to clean its vinyl. only thing might be a nightmare to clean bird crap off it.

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - alibeau - 23-01-2012 03:49pm

Hmmm took the pics on my iphone in a hurry I'm afraid....

Check out this link and scroll to the bottom.... if you click on the pics, you see a larger pic.

http://www.avsolutions.co.uk/vehicle-wrapping-gallery-images.html

Ali.

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - WB - 23-01-2012 03:57pm

(23-01-2012 03:27pm)fam1x Wrote:  Not sure if they can wrap the roof rails will have to ask, if they can then I'd just go with the colour of the roof then.

Thanks for the picture alibeau, shame they arent clear I still think it does look nicer in the fleash Smile I cant see why it should be more difficult to clean its vinyl. only thing might be a nightmare to clean bird crap off it.

With the cleaning I understand you just have to not use any abrasive products as they would create a smooth surface which would then have a shine to it. There are lots of matt specific products on the market now - have a read over on detailingworld.co.uk

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - pugracer - 23-01-2012 04:06pm

I have seen a matt black RRS, looked awful. And, also a matt orange RRS, even more awful.

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - broady43 - 23-01-2012 07:29pm

How much does it cost to wrap a car ?

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - SINGHY - 23-01-2012 07:46pm

What happens to the original paintwork when you come to remove the wrap, surely that does more damage than stone chips? Personally I think your car looks great as it is.

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - fam1x - 23-01-2012 08:09pm

It doesn't damage the original paint work, so when you come to take it off it should be like having a new car from the show room. Also there is a guarantee with the work.

It cost anything from £1050-£1600 depends on where you go. Company I'm going to have worked in a lot of high profile cars and are very good. I dont think someone paying £100000 plus on a car would get it wrapped if it damages the paint work.

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - speary - 24-01-2012 01:30pm

Thats a lot of money to protect the paint for the next owner. Are you putting furry seat covers on the seats to protect them as well Laughing
If you are worried about the stone chipping, there are lots of clear protective films you can have applied to the vulnerbal parts, front edge of bonnet etc.

I think wraps can look great but they are for changing the appearence of the car to your liking and not really for protecting the paint

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - xxxx5 - 24-01-2012 07:16pm

When you got your car and you posted the pics online everyone commented how lovely and glossy the paint looked. I think you would regret getting it wrapped.