babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Over charged for the car - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Over charged for the car (/Thread-Over-charged-for-the-car)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Over charged for the car - ytshome - 16-01-2012 11:16pm

(16-01-2012 10:14pm)CSJ Wrote:  Ordered early August and got last week - I know LR tried to charge the dealer the increased cost but I paid at the price I ordered.

Legally I think they are entitled to charge the increase however I guess most dealers will charge at the order price if for no other reason than goodwill.

goodwill LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing that was a good one! Just remind me what that goodwill thing is? I'm afraid not all dealers appear to be as accommodating.

RE: Over charged for the car - The Valeter - 17-01-2012 01:39am

(16-01-2012 09:53pm)Billionaireboysclub Wrote:  I would have thought it would be the price of when you place the order at the dealer. If they decide to increase the price afterwards..then thats their problem...you pay the price at signing of contract and placing the order.

Do people not agree??

I totally agree, this is the general rule of a sale I thought Confused

RE: Over charged for the car - LDT - 17-01-2012 02:11am

+1. Possibly dealers' invoicing systems will default to the increased cost following which a manual credit on the same invoice should be raised.

RE: Over charged for the car - EVO PUNDITT - 17-01-2012 10:12am

Ordered mine in April, made changes in August and still got charged original price and no increase.

RE: Over charged for the car - fam1x - 17-01-2012 12:48pm

Well sent the emial over to them now see what happens Smile

RE: Over charged for the car - Steve @ Lookers Park Royal - 17-01-2012 01:46pm

When the prices changed Land Rover said that all Range Rover Evoque orders featuring either of the options that had changed (Panoramic Roof or Folding Mirrors) as long as they had been tagged as Sold and slotted for build, or were loaded in the holding pool these cars will be price protected at the current option prices.

So as long as your order was either of the above by that date they should charge you the previous price.

Hope this helps

Steve

RE: Over charged for the car - cjfp - 17-01-2012 04:28pm

Interesting - which version of the folding mirrors as I got charged the higher price for my Pano Roof but the same price as at the outset for my folding mirrors!

RE: Over charged for the car - cjfp - 18-01-2012 06:04pm

Email from LR CS today over my asking about what can I do re overcharge

"I have asked the question regarding the price difference on the Panoramic Roof prices. As you have paid and accepted the vehicle at the increased price unfortunately I cannot assist on this matter"

Personally I am not going to push this too hard for reasons that I cannot put here.

RE: Over charged for the car - ED209 - 18-01-2012 06:41pm

(18-01-2012 06:04pm)cjfp Wrote:  Email from LR CS today over my asking about what can I do re overcharge

"I have asked the question regarding the price difference on the Panoramic Roof prices. As you have paid and accepted the vehicle at the increased price unfortunately I cannot assist on this matter"

Personally I am not going to push this too hard for reasons that I cannot put here.

Thats a very negative reply that, i wouldnt accept it. However you must have your reasons for doing so

RE: Over charged for the car - LDT - 18-01-2012 07:23pm

I am very intrigued why you will not take matters further!!