Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Over charged for the car
fam1x

Over charged for the car

Was looking through the new invoice and noticed the charged me the new price for the panoramic roof when I was told I would be charged at the original price, has anyone else who ordered the car before the price increase noticed that.

Now I have to go back to dealers and see what can be done Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
16-01-2012 09:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Over charged for the car

This also happened to me but I haven't done anything yet.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
16-01-2012 09:28pm
THEMACS

(16-01-2012 09:25pm)fam1x Wrote:  Was looking through the new invoice and noticed the charged me the new price for the panoramic roof when I was told I would be charged at the original price, has anyone else who ordered the car before the price increase noticed that.

Now I have to go back to dealers and see what can be done Smile

Yep! We ordered way in advance and was told that as our order wasn't in build, and still isn't, that we would pay the new price, it was only for ones accepted by the factory according to my dealer. But I believe others on here have a different view. Anyway, my dealer was very upfront and said thats what it is, that's fine by me, I want the roof end of!!Very Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 16-01-2012 09:29pm by THEMACS.)
16-01-2012 09:29pm
xxxx5

If you have been over charged for the roof following the price increase, the dealers have a way of claiming the difference back from JLR, but there is a bit of paperwork to complete. My stealer told me this today, push hard for the refund. Why should the dealer or JLR take the money.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
16-01-2012 09:32pm
caroline11000

I ordered July and got car in December and wasn't charged the higher price.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
16-01-2012 09:40pm
Billionaireboysclub

I would have thought it would be the price of when you place the order at the dealer. If they decide to increase the price afterwards..then thats their problem...you pay the price at signing of contract and placing the order.

Do people not agree??

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
16-01-2012 09:53pm
fam1x

I suspect if you don't make any changes to the original spec then they can't Caroline. In my case I made some changes and they created a new invoice, they charged for a couple if things twice which I noticed at the time lucky as for the roof just forgot to check the price. Saw the option there so assumed the priced it correctly, it's only when a friend asked what options did i add that made the car £10k above the list price. You start to add little things here and there just never realise how much the come to until you get to the checkout ..... Or is that just me lol
(16-01-2012 09:32pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  If you have been over charged for the roof following the price increase, the dealers have a way of claiming the difference back from JLR, but there is a bit of paperwork to complete. My stealer told me this today, push hard for the refund. Why should the dealer or JLR take the money.

To right xxxx5 I sure am going to go back, as they still owe me the £150 amazon vouchers they promised. If I had got exceptional service from them, maybe I'd consider not going back. As this has been my worst car buying experience I'm going back for my monies. Let you know what happens in the next few days.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 16-01-2012 10:00pm by fam1x.)
16-01-2012 09:55pm
ceebee

Over charged for the car

Ordered in May and arrived October, paid the original price for the roof.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
16-01-2012 10:01pm
CSJ

Ordered early August and got last week - I know LR tried to charge the dealer the increased cost but I paid at the price I ordered.

Legally I think they are entitled to charge the increase however I guess most dealers will charge at the order price if for no other reason than goodwill.

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
16-01-2012 10:14pm
caroline11000

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 16-01-2012 10:20pm by caroline11000.)
16-01-2012 10:18pm