babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Another satnav annoyance - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Another satnav annoyance (/Thread-Another-satnav-annoyance)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Another satnav annoyance - olde - 23-01-2012 04:43am

Nav is my least favorite part of the vehicle, but we need specific explanations of how to fix it. Sorry to nag, but if you have any suggestions please add them to The List: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-2012-Software-Update-List

RE: Another satnav annoyance - dandavis1 - 23-01-2012 10:10am

I'm afraid I still don't see the point of your list as you don't appear to have any particularly special connections with LR. I could also simply write a letter to HQ if I wished.

Of course, if you wish to add things you read around the forum to your list, that's entirely up to you.

RE: Another satnav annoyance - GibEvoque - 23-01-2012 10:30am

I think the point is if the suggestions from this forum was sent to LR on bulk, it would more likely to be listened to. It has already been pointed out that we have ~2000 members who have, going to, or considering spending on average £40k a pop, so the spending power of £80m is quite important to them, from this owners group.

RE: Another satnav annoyance - XFullFatTim - 23-01-2012 12:16pm

If you think the onroad nav is annoying you should try the offroad maps, they tell you nothing at all. The option of installing one of the very good digital OS maps would be very handy and save me from having to use an iPad with Memory Map Navigator installed when I venture into the long grass or mud. Maybe by the time my DC100 is delivered LR will have got round to having a satnav with proper GPS mapping for offroad use.

RE: The List - olde - 07-02-2012 06:06am

(23-01-2012 10:10am)dandavis1 Wrote:  ...I still don't see the point of The List...

I was asked by the Service Manager of my local Canadian dealer, to gather up a list of suggested improvements for the Evoque. He would then send this list to Land Rover HQ via internal email. Unfortunately, the Service Manager is now showing concern about being dragged into a larger communication than he perhaps anticipated.

Hence, I will update The List this weekend, and email it to Land Rover UK's PR department. The email will advise that The List was created within a 2,000-member forum, worth perhaps £80M in revenue to LandRover.

The email will politely ask Land Rover to reply with a post-able statement about whether our opinions are of value to them. If they ignore us, it surely wont look good on them. Our hope is that some of our suggestions may result in retro-active upgrades, especially the software suggestions.