babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
How basic is out of the box pure? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: How basic is out of the box pure? (/Thread-How-basic-is-out-of-the-box-pure)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: How basic is out of the box pure? - xxxx5 - 10-12-2011 11:51am

Generally the spec is very good. Not sure which dealer you are using but I would avoid the one just outside Preston, (I won't mention the name) I have not had great customer service, ordered the car is March and still waiting for it to arrive. Shop around for delivery times.

RE: How basic is out of the box pure? - ZuluKZN - 10-12-2011 11:53am

(10-12-2011 11:48am)ED209 Wrote:  Adding 4k in options detracts from the value in my opinion.

Hi, my feeling is that you can add a bit of luxury without breaking the bank.......still please with my choice Very Happy

I guess each to their own in terms of this......very pleased...happy driving!!!

RE: How basic is out of the box pure? - jos - 10-12-2011 12:33pm

eD4 best value for money !
and for sure : the restvalue after 3 years.....

How basic is out of the box pure? - ceebee - 10-12-2011 02:09pm

Mine is a Sd4 pure, with no packs at all.

In admit that IMHO front fogs are essential to avoid the "blanks" on the front, as is the panoramic roof, but everything else that comes as standard is more than enough for most people. I suppose it depends are whether you are moving "up" the the Evoque, or downsizing.

I did add style 6 wheels and privacy, but that's just for personal taste, but the standard wheels are fine.

RE: How basic is out of the box pure? - Urban Splash - 10-12-2011 03:47pm

(10-12-2011 02:09pm)ceebee Wrote:  Mine is a Sd4 pure, with no packs at all.

In admit that IMHO front fogs are essential to avoid the "blanks" on the front, as is the panoramic roof, but everything else that comes as standard is more than enough for most people. I suppose it depends are whether you are moving "up" the the Evoque, or downsizing.

I did add style 6 wheels and privacy, but that's just for personal taste, but the standard wheels are fine.

you just drove past me....... car looking good! Smile

RE: How basic is out of the box pure? - BournvilleBazza - 10-12-2011 11:09pm

(10-12-2011 11:51am)xxxx5 Wrote:  Generally the spec is very good. Not sure which dealer you are using but I would avoid the one just outside Preston, (I won't mention the name) I have not had great customer service, ordered the car is March and still waiting for it to arrive. Shop around for delivery times.

Thanks for all the feedback. I really do think for what we need it for, metallic and fogs will be more than enough.

Just got to choose colour combo now!

I NEVER go to the above mentioned dealer, not even in an emergency! I have had a loooonnnggg line of LR products and they have let me down more than enough!

I use Guy Salmon @ Knutsford which actually isn't that far to go for decent service.

RE: How basic is out of the box pure? - ytshome - 11-12-2011 12:55am

(10-12-2011 11:09am)ED209 Wrote:  I think the pure is by far the best value model. Its what I have on order too in td4 spec.

The only options i have goe for are metallic paint (a must i think), front fogs (change the look of the front end), automatic wipers/lights (used to them from my last two cars).

Other than that I think i has everything i need from a car.

I agree. If you go for a Pure keep any options minimal, that's the best way to keep RRE ownership affordable and when you come to sell you'll be glad you did so. Also remember that white is free and is the choice of many prestige owners who can have any metallic colour for free.

RE: How basic is out of the box pure? - ED209 - 11-12-2011 07:05am

(11-12-2011 12:55am)ytshome Wrote:  I agree. If you go for a Pure keep any options minimal, that's the best way to keep RRE ownership affordable and when you come to sell you'll be glad you did so. Also remember that white is free and is the choice of many prestige owners who can have any metallic colour for free.

I ordered white for my pure (or recession white as i like to call it) and then changed my mind. Whilst its in fashion as a colour at the minue in 2-3 years it might not be, i also think metallics will look better in the longer term.

RE: How basic is out of the box pure? - Urban Splash - 11-12-2011 01:00pm

I agree ED. Whilst the car looks great in recession white, not sure long term.

When changed from Pure to Prestige, there was no way I was going for the 'free' white. Glad the wife persuaded to go for red.

I notice Audi are now charging for white as an option........

RE: How basic is out of the box pure? - ceebee - 11-12-2011 01:17pm

Urban, I thought I saw you yesterday at the top of Dunston bank, i was going to flash the lights, but I had a learner driver in front of me and I didnt want to startle him in case he hit the accelerator and his speed shot up to 20 mph ...................

I hope you are making the most of your last few weeks with the Kuga.......

As for the debate on colour choice, my plan (at the moment) is to have mine white for a few years and then maybe think about getting it wrapped in a completeley different colour and sticking a private plate on it at the same time.

Then I can sit back and gloat when everyone thinks I have a brand new car on the drive.