babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K (/Thread-SD4-Auto-Low-speed-throttle-lag-between-1-5K-and-2K)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K - Bowl - 21-12-2011 08:17pm

A turbo lag, perhaps?

RE: SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K - DaveR - 22-12-2011 01:05pm

This happened to me the other day,comming off a motorway slip road and slowed as i approached the roundabout, couldn't say for certain if i was still very slowly moving or actually stopped but when i went to accelerate out onto the roundabout there was not a lot going on for a second or so then it did pick up and then move forward but it did take me a little by suprise and wasn't as smooth as you would have liked.

RE: SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K - WB - 22-12-2011 01:08pm

Has anyone been to their dealer with this problem?

RE: SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K - gw76 - 24-12-2011 01:37pm

Having come from a DSG Audi TT-S , the lag on my Si4 auto is VERY noticeable and rather annoying

RE: SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K - benzina - 24-12-2011 02:30pm

I'm not sure whether some experience more lag then others, and what has made it more confusing,is that i have read many reviews where the tester has stated their is NO lag at all.
When i tested both Si4 and SD4 auto's back to back, i noticed some lag (slowish up to 2000- 2300rpm then rocket) on both,but only notably when i put the peddle to the metal from a standing start.

RE: SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K - DaveR - 24-12-2011 11:42pm

I've flicked the paddle shift a couple of times when. comming to a junction so that the selected gear is shown. It always shows 2nd gear when comming to a halt. And stays in second when moving off. I am beginning to wonder if ocaissionally it only drops to 3rd when approaching a junction and still moving albeit slowly and that is the source of the apparent lag. I haven't actually proved that yet but it would perhaps fit the symptoms.

RE: SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K - benzina - 25-12-2011 01:49am

So would'nt it be better if you manually select 1st for a standing start?

RE: SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K - DaveR - 25-12-2011 10:24pm

It's an auto box you really should't have to manually select gears unless you want to and for the most part it's ok.

RE: SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K - benzina - 26-12-2011 01:26am

Just clarifying something....from a standing start, the auto starts in 1st, does it not? I'm pretty sure from my test drive, that it did.

RE: SD4 Auto - Low speed throttle lag between 1.5K and 2K - lngrn36 - 26-12-2011 12:35pm

(24-12-2011 11:42pm)DaveR Wrote:  I've flicked the paddle shift a couple of times when. comming to a junction so that the selected gear is shown. It always shows 2nd gear when comming to a halt. And stays in second when moving off. I am beginning to wonder if ocaissionally it only drops to 3rd when approaching a junction and still moving albeit slowly and that is the source of the apparent lag. I haven't actually proved that yet but it would perhaps fit the symptoms.

I agree with this assessment. I wonder if we can simply remap for a drop to 2nd gear earlier when slowly creeping the car along. Or drop faster when the throttle is opened. I think the only "lag" is the 3 to 2 shift.