babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
TPMS sensors - necessity? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: TPMS sensors - necessity? (/Thread-TPMS-sensors-necessity)

Pages: 1 2

RE: TPMS sensors - necessity? - Barneyridge - 21-11-2011 12:10pm

What about the tyre value caps that indicate low pressure. I saw these in a christmas gift idea list. Tyrecheckers.com.au look interesting, don't know if they work though

RE: TPMS sensors - necessity? - holeecow - 18-03-2014 11:14pm

Did anyone get a tire set without tpms?

I am just deciding now weather to get or not?
Thanks op! This is def helping me in my decision.

(20-11-2011 09:52am)mark_n Wrote:  I was prompted by this thread to go on to the configurator to look at the standard configurations and was really struck how few options there are for US and Canadian cars. Leaving aside the single engine choice, there is only a handful of options with all the rest, presumably, being standard. I am not sure but I believe TPMS has been a mandatory requirement in North America for a while, prompted by the problems at Firestone.

In canada we do not require tpms by law yet.
The post was kind of confusing? As we do not have the option to have/not have it.
For the people that did not get oem tpms, I am guessing LR have disabled it from factory?
If that's he case and I get a winter tire set. Is there a way to disable it from factory, so I don't get that annoying warning?

Any help would be great! Thanks guys!

RE: TPMS sensors - necessity? - XFullFatTim - 19-03-2014 12:26am

Holeecow, if you PM our forum sponsor Dan@Duckworths he will get you the parts and the part number, he does exports worldwide for reasonable cost. TPMS is not a legal requirement yet in Europe but I had it on my last car and have specced it for the new one. I bought a set of TPMS sensors to fit into my winter tyre/wheels to avoid the alarm you also want to avoid. You can fit them to any of the OEM wheel designs - in the UK TPMS is only available with certain styles of wheel, but I have had no issues with fitting them to 19" OEM wheels shod with Pirelli Ice and Snow tyres. AFAIK you cannot disable TPMS, but as I don't have an Evoque at the moment I cannot confirm if you can enable/disable it from the info system in the dash settings.

RE: TPMS sensors - necessity? - holeecow - 19-03-2014 03:09am

(19-03-2014 12:26am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Holeecow, if you PM our forum sponsor Dan@Duckworths he will get you the parts and the part number, he does exports worldwide for reasonable cost. TPMS is not a legal requirement yet in Europe but I had it on my last car and have specced it for the new one. I bought a set of TPMS sensors to fit into my winter tyre/wheels to avoid the alarm you also want to avoid. You can fit them to any of the OEM wheel designs - in the UK TPMS is only available with certain styles of wheel, but I have had no issues with fitting them to 19" OEM wheels shod with Pirelli Ice and Snow tyres. AFAIK you cannot disable TPMS, but as I don't have an Evoque at the moment I cannot confirm if you can enable/disable it from the info system in the dash settings.

Thanks xFullFatTim!
Appreciate the help!

RE: TPMS sensors - necessity? - Jeroma - 19-03-2014 11:15am

In canada we do not require tpms by law yet.
The post was kind of confusing? As we do not have the option to have/not have it.
For the people that did not get oem tpms, I am guessing LR have disabled it from factory?
If that's he case and I get a winter tire set. Is there a way to disable it from factory, so I don't get that annoying warning?

Any help would be great! Thanks guys!
[/quote]
I had TPMS sensors on my Renault Espace. At the first occasion I had them disabled by the dealer. Without doubt you will have to do this in case you fit winter tyres on rims without them .Later on when replacing the tyres I had them fully removed.
There is always a risk that the tyre centre is wrecking one during tyre change.
As they are colour coded they will have to stay at the same position on the car all the time, if not a wrong signal will be displayed.
I must admit that I look at my tyres almost daily, and check the pressure monthly or in case of doubt.
For me a good, nice reliable car, but no funny gadgets please.

RE: TPMS sensors - necessity? - jamesfeline - 18-08-2014 11:31am

Hi

Our 2014 Evoque shows Tyre pressures in PSI in the middle screen

regards

Nick

RE: TPMS sensors - necessity? - XFullFatTim - 21-08-2014 01:55pm

I think now it is standard on all new cars in the EU

TPMS sensors - necessity? - Stadt Panzer - 21-08-2014 07:25pm

Tim, EU law buddy as of 1 Nov.

RE: TPMS sensors - necessity? - Beopaul - 27-08-2014 01:44am

My 2014 US marker Evoque also displays PSI in each tire. Two months in I got a leak and TPMS caught it nicely.

RE: TPMS sensors - necessity? - HeartbreakRidge - 27-08-2014 05:31pm

(27-08-2014 01:44am)Beopaul Wrote:  My 2014 US marker Evoque also displays PSI in each tire. Two months in I got a leak and TPMS caught it nicely.

I knew about being able to read the PSI realtime with the dash on but not the engine, but I discovered the other day it also works when stop/start has the engine off!