babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Double locking - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Double locking (/Thread-Double-locking)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Double locking - XFullFatTim - 14-10-2011 11:45pm

Just the same - tap the door sensor twice in quick succession and it will double lock, sometimes gets confused if you do the 2nd tap too soon after the first though

RE: Double locking - ChuckieB - 14-10-2011 11:52pm

Thanks. Not that I'll be expecting to try it out for a few months. My order's only been in 4 weeks! Not sure dare ask my dealer for an update?

RE: Double locking - exigejoe - 15-10-2011 12:32am

good to know.

RE: Double locking - griff - 15-10-2011 07:55am

RTFM

RE: Double locking - THEMACS - 15-10-2011 08:04am

(14-10-2011 11:52pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Thanks. Not that I'll be expecting to try it out for a few months. My order's only been in 4 weeks! Not sure dare ask my dealer for an update?

Few Months!!! Try 8-12 Months!!!

We put our order in in June this year and at that point they were only quoting March 2012 delivery dates! And now that seems optimistic Crying

RE: Double locking - ChuckieB - 15-10-2011 08:16am

I'm trying to be "glass half full". I think a trip to the dealer is called for! Just to try out the door mechanism of course. And it will cut down the handover time later on!

RE: Double locking - ajmooseman - 15-10-2011 08:21am

Surely this is the wrong way around , yes I know we are talking LR here ,but the most common "type " /reason to lock your car is to have it alarmed and locked I would guess that 95-99% of cars being locked don;t have a dog in it at that time, so surely we the second press should be to disable the alarm/motion sensor ect.
Somebody please explain the logic in this!

RE: Double locking - berlin2011 - 15-10-2011 08:29am

The first press locks and alarms the car (alarms as in the doors, bonnet, tilt etc.) the second press simply turns on the interior movement sensor as well

RE: Double locking - hybris - 15-10-2011 08:54am

Can you change it to full lock in one press? I would always want full lock. In BMW its always full lock and alarm in one press. Two press to activate the doggy thing. Wink

RE: Double locking - Spiderman - 15-10-2011 09:10am

No, it's a 2 press system as on all RRs guys....it's really simple to use and a great feature of the cars, if you leave kids, dogs, giraffes, elephants or anything breathing in the car it's handy to have this system! Very Happy