babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
New car paint treatment - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: New car paint treatment (/Thread-New-car-paint-treatment)

Pages: 1 2

RE: New car paint treatment - hybris - 01-10-2011 01:20pm

OK. I always did Mr CAP treat my BMWs and the paint is always much easier to clean and better finish. What is the difference with LL/RR? Is the paint finish different from Audi/BMW/Volvo in some way? My BMW dealer always Mr CAP threat all cars and it was no extra for me.

RE: New car paint treatment - XFullFatTim - 01-10-2011 01:34pm

If is isn't costing you (and it will be somewhere in the invoice) then go ahead with it, but like all car makers LR/RR spends a lot of money trying to find coatings suitable for the use that people will put their cars to. LR/RR are no different to any other maker with the quality of their paint as they buy from the same paint makers as every car maker

RE: New car paint treatment - Spiderman - 02-10-2011 12:29am

I have to disagree with the majority on this thread. I have had Supagard Paint Treatment applied to every car I own, it makes them so much easier to wash the bugs and grime off and this also makes them a doddle to dry.

I tried an experiment for 6 months, I had this applied to 1/2 a FFRR, the 1/2 that didn't have this applied was a nightmare to get the bugs off without resulting to TFR type products, whereas the side that had Supagard was and remained effortless to remove any debris full stop.

The a dealers usually attempt to charge £400 for this, however, my local valet guy charges me £150 per car and spends about 2 hours applying and buffing. I understand the product costs him £120 including the aftercare bag which is supposed to be left for the client. The reason Dealers charge £400 is due to them getting away with charging us £80-£135 p/hour for service work....

RE: New car paint treatment - hybris - 02-10-2011 07:30am

Thanks Spiderman. Im also considering doing a paint treatment as I have the same good experiences with all my BMWs that have had that. Easy to clean and more resistant against bird poo, salt and asphalt.

RE: New car paint treatment - XFullFatTim - 02-10-2011 09:23am

I have been impressed so far at how easy it has been to get bird's craps and squashed flies off the car and have not needed to resort to a pressure washer at all unlike other cars I have owned. Even a good heavy rain shower is enough to make the squashed bugs disappear - although the "shower" we have had this weekend has lasted 40 hours so far and it's still raining I have a dead bug free car and not much road dirt stuck to it. Hybris stated that the dealer was providing a paint treatment for free, in which case I wouldn't turn it down. I do agree with Spiderman though that dealer's are using it as a lucrative revenue stream and too many people are put off having it by the huge mark up often charged. The £400 asked by some LR dealers for Gard-X is cheap compared to what the local BMW and Audi dealer's were asking for the same treatment (>£700 BMW ad >£900 Audi) yet the local rep for Gard-X is 5 minutes walk from both dealerships and wanted £200 to treat the Evoque.