babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Dual Screen Questions - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Dual Screen Questions (/Thread-Dual-Screen-Questions)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Dual Screen Questions - andyuk - 02-10-2011 11:11pm

So just to confirm can the driver also listen to a streaming IPod whilst the passenger watches a film? Or is it just radio & Sat Nav which would be available to the driver?
I have also just noticed if I spec the Dual Screen then I automatically loose the rear camera!

You can't bloody win!!!!

RE: Dual Screen Questions - XFullFatTim - 02-10-2011 11:20pm

You don't loose the rear view camera, the system reverts to being a single view screen when reverse is selected. And the driver can listen to any of the the audio inputs while the passenger is watching a movie/TV. If the driver wants to listen to the TV sound then he /she can while the car is in motion, just won't see the picture until the cars stops or is moving below , I think, 5mph. In effect the dual view screen gives you two compete and separate A/V systems in the car and it's even more complex if you spec the RSE and Dual view.......................... because the RSe can show different functions to the front passenger.

RE: Dual Screen Questions - andyuk - 02-10-2011 11:24pm

I just tried the Evoque build on land rover website & it states if I spec the Dual Screen I will loose the Rear Camera facility unless I also spec the Surround Cameras for £610 which I don't want!
Xfullfattim I think you may be different as you already have the lux pack which includes the surround cameras.

When I go to order the Dual Screen it says I loose the rear camera unless I also add the surround camera!

RE: Dual Screen Questions - XFullFatTim - 02-10-2011 11:38pm

Doesn't make any mention of loosing it in the hardcopy brochure - if you lost the rear cam then you would also loose the standard hitching guidance system too. LR's website is best taken with a pinch of salt, the dealership is the the place to go -there is no reason to remove the reverse cam just because you have the dual screen as it's only another Video input. It also states on the website , IIRC, that if you spec the surroundcam without dual screen that you loose the reversing cam, which has been disproved.

RE: Dual Screen Questions - andyuk - 03-10-2011 12:41am

Ok thanks!

I will check with my dealer!

RE: Dual Screen Questions - andyuk - 03-10-2011 09:41am

Just checked with dealer & if I wanted to spec the Dual Screen I also have to spec £610 surround cameras! Otherwise I will loose the reversing camera!

I really can't see why this the case or is it just LR trying to get extra ££ out of us?

RE: Dual Screen Questions - XFullFatTim - 03-10-2011 09:52am

No idea, does seem odd that you have the screen there whether it's dual view or not, whether it has surround cam or not. Which is more important to the driver, reversing cam or dual view screen? I would go for the reversing cam, purely because I rarely have passengers in the car.

RE: Dual Screen Questions - andyuk - 03-10-2011 08:32pm

It's very strange & also frustrating!

I want the Dual Screen but don't want to loose the reversing camera & also don't want to spend £620 on surround camera which I just would not use!

Anyone on here know why I have to spec the surround cameras as well if I want the Dual Screen?