babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
What format movies can be played? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: What format movies can be played? (/Thread-What-format-movies-can-be-played)

Pages: 1 2

RE: What format movies can be played? - vision*R - 19-10-2011 03:47pm

It's called dual screen Wink
Then indeed it's possible for the passenger to view a movie while the driver sees satnav. Otherwise you won't be able to view movies whilst driving.

RE: What format movies can be played? - mk82 - 19-10-2011 03:56pm

(19-10-2011 03:47pm)vision*R Wrote:  It's called dual screen Wink

thanks alot! Very Happy

RE: What format movies can be played? - forest172 - 19-10-2011 06:59pm

put a USB stick with a few movies on and my dads PURE didn`t notice it

RE: What format movies can be played? - Tekno - 19-10-2011 08:15pm

Are you SURE it'll play MP4? From what I've read in the manual and experienced, it'll only play Divx from the USB.

RE: What format movies can be played? - obleia - 22-10-2011 04:59am

(19-10-2011 03:17pm)simonc Wrote:  The Pure has the exact same standard audio/video system as the Prestige and Dynamic so yes it plays movies via DVD or USB in the same way.

but you need the hdd premium navigation system upgrade
to play videos?

or just with the 8" screen works?

RE: What format movies can be played? - simonc - 22-10-2011 10:21am

(22-10-2011 04:59am)obleia Wrote:  
(19-10-2011 03:17pm)simonc Wrote:  The Pure has the exact same standard audio/video system as the Prestige and Dynamic so yes it plays movies via DVD or USB in the same way.

but you need the hdd premium navigation system upgrade
to play videos?

or just with the 8" screen works?
That's a good point - perhaps someone with a satnav-less Pure will be able to comment on that. I do recall reading somewhere that someone thought video playback was linked to having the satnav but I'm not 100% sure myself, and I had also forgotten that the Pure doesn't get satnav as standard.

RE: What format movies can be played? - XFullFatTim - 22-10-2011 11:56am

According to the big UK brochure "Information,Communication and Audio" section for the Pure spec
"USB connectivity x2 (for connection of USB connected storage devices to enable playback of AUDIO files)"
"Portable AUDIO connectivity interface"
"Bluetooth telephone connectivity plus streamed audio"

It doesn't mention if you can play back video files even in the option list of the Tech Pack system, it only mentions
"HDD Premium navigation system includes hard disk drive audio server with "lossless" digital storage for up to 10 CD's"
I assume that by "lossless" they mean that the memory remains "live" even when the ignition is switched off.

One thing that worries me a little is what anti virus precautions there are as USB's are a very common way to spread viruses and trojans

What format movies can be played? - rsk21 - 22-10-2011 12:32pm

Tim

Lossless in this context means it rips CDs to the hard drive without applying any kind of compression (mp3 or similar) meaning that the digital files are exact cd audio quality copies of the original.

RE: What format movies can be played? - XFullFatTim - 22-10-2011 12:38pm

Thanks for that

RE: What format movies can be played? - forest172 - 23-10-2011 10:14am

I can also confirm a pure without lux pack doesn`t play AVI files. I will try mp4`s when I get mine on tuesday