babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Test drive - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Test drive (/Thread-Test-drive--1025)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Test drive - paulus599 - 11-09-2011 11:27am

(10-09-2011 06:29pm)Evoqess Wrote:  Kerbing should be a HUGE concern for everybody! I have just refinished x 2 wheels on my Audi TTS (trade in for Evoque) - and as they were what's known as "tricoat" wheels, the repair bill was over $600 (just had to pay a third of this as I had a wear package policy). Yes, large alloys are attractive - but $600 to remove small scratches on a rim Sad
For me, the smoother ride and reduced chance of curb-rash will trump the cosmetic motivation!Wink

I had to do exactly the same with 2 of the wheels on my (ex) TTS after they were curbed by valet parking at Manchester airport Evil
My local wheel refurb centre did the job for £60 per wheel though, so not sure how you could be given a bill for 600 dollars!

RE: Test drive - Evoqess - 12-09-2011 09:05pm

At that price I could have scuffed all four lol! Must be my prestigious Audi dealer picking the best refinishers in Canada. I didn't shop around as I was eager to trade the TTS to get November Evoque delivery!
Still think the TTS is one of the most stunning vehicles out there though!

RE: Test drive - XFullFatTim - 12-09-2011 10:01pm

I kerbed a 20" at the weekend - today there is an email from LPR with a claim form from the company I took out wheel and tyre insurance with!

RE: Test drive - gomark - 12-09-2011 10:18pm

(12-09-2011 10:01pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I kerbed a 20" at the weekend - today there is an email from LPR with a claim form from the company I took out wheel and tyre insurance with!

Hi. Have you got any details on the insurance you are referring to?

RE: Test drive - XFullFatTim - 12-09-2011 11:32pm

I'll give you the details by PM during Tuesday gomark

RE: Test drive - gomark - 12-09-2011 11:33pm

(12-09-2011 11:32pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I'll give you the details by PM during Tuesday gomark

Thanks !

RE: Test drive - Evoqess - 13-09-2011 06:23am

Impressive Tim! Just check to see that there are no insurance limits on scuffing repairs. With my Audi policy I had a limit of 2 "incidents" - with the Evoque my insurance consists of 19" and side cameras lol!

RE: Test drive - mark_n - 13-09-2011 07:55am

I think the wheel refurbishers are going to do good business from 20" Evoque owners.

It's a wide car, parallel parking will be difficult and, by the sounds of things, there's little or no tyre buffer to protect the rim. Still, I have a car where each of the rear wheels is £1500, so you can imagine how careful I am with those. The good news about the Evoque is that the wheels are not too expensive if you really trash one. I'd steer clear of the shadow rims. Aside from looking dirty all the time, they are more difficult and more expensive to refurbish, and they cost more to start with.

RE: Test drive - XFullFatTim - 13-09-2011 09:57am

For those thinking about Wheel and tyre insurance you need to read the exclusions as well as the benefits. Here is my summary of the policy I have:

The policy is provided by AmTrust International

Covers
Tyres - 5 new tyres or repairs allowed in 3 years - £10 excess payable each time
Alloys - covers repairs only - 10 repairs permitted in 36 months or repairs to the value of £1500 inc VAT

I have to notify them within 72 hours of any damage occurring.

Among their Exclusions are - damage caused by using a tyre at an incorrect pressure - I assume that means that if you get a puncture subsequent damage isn't covered.
Chrome finish alloys are excluded as are split rim wheels
Loss or damage due to a road traffic accident, fire or theft.
Where damage is the result of a manufacturing defect or the wheels do not carry the European CE mark so that means many of the aftermarket/ non OEM wheels bought off ebay I imagine
Tyres that are worn below the legal limit at the time of the incident

RE: Test drive - Daigriff - 13-09-2011 10:20am

Tim, I've been offered alloy wheel repair insurance by the dealership (looks like its also underwritten by Amtrust) for £279.00. Is that what you paid?
Anyone got a better quote?