babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Sumatra black - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Sumatra black (/Thread-Sumatra-black)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Sumatra black - ytshome - 08-09-2011 11:23pm

Come on Tim; Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I've just been to an event this evening and the general consensus was (and shared by me) that the OG was the most elegant and actually worked much much better in Prestige trim with the standard diamond turned alloys than the pictures on the LR website suggested. Probably due to the fact that the inner rims are painted in grey. The red and the white the most racy in dynnamic and I have to say even though black isn't my colour, it looked great with the privacy glass.

The thing is, the evoque is a real head-turner in the majority of colours and trims (I have to say that I was very impressed even with the pure) and we should all be very proud of our new cars,.......... although your's is the best!

RE: Sumatra black - ED209 - 08-09-2011 11:29pm

I dont like black cars, ace when they are freshly cleaned, horrible about 2 minutes later when they are dirty!

RE: Sumatra black - XFullFatTim - 08-09-2011 11:43pm

YT, yes I agree and White isn't everybody's cup of tea either. Originally I was going to have a Stornoway Grey car like the previous two cars, I changed to White and personally would have been very disappointed if I had chosen Orkney to replace a Stornoway.

RE: Sumatra black - ED209 - 08-09-2011 11:46pm

(08-09-2011 11:43pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  YT, yes I agree and White isn't everybody's cup of tea either. Originally I was going to have a Stornoway Grey car like the previous two cars, I changed to White and personally would have been very disappointed if I had chosen Orkney to replace a Stornoway.

white is my choice, i like it, but its also cheaper lol

RE: Sumatra black - Daigriff - 08-09-2011 11:58pm

white is my choice, i like it, but its also cheaper lol
[/quote]

Whites same price as metallic on a Prestige.

RE: Sumatra black - XFullFatTim - 09-09-2011 07:18am

Yes Dai, metallic is a no cost option on prestige - it will be interesting in 3 years time when used Evoques are appearing on dealers forecourts whether people will pay extra for metallic cars over White. It used to be the case in years gone by, but now there are cars that look really good in white.

RE: Sumatra black - gmaker - 09-09-2011 07:50am

(08-09-2011 10:14pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  IMHO the 5door doesn't look right in Black, but looks fantastic in White and Dynamic trimmings

FFT - have you got any decent photos of the 5-door dynamic in fuji white that was present at the launch that you could post please?

RE: Sumatra black - XFullFatTim - 09-09-2011 08:01am

Looks like I'll be spending the whole day with the Park Royal team then, just moving cars to get the photos you all want!

RE: Sumatra black - Tekno - 09-09-2011 09:04am

Does anyone know the size of the wheels on the black coupe at the beginning of this thread? I'm hoping they're 19"...?

RE: Sumatra black - cjfp - 09-09-2011 09:20am

@Tekno - sorry, but they are 20" - you can check all the wheels on the LR build site.