babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? (/Thread-Wish-you-had-specced-a-Contrast-roof)

Pages: 1 2

Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - XFullFatTim - 24-08-2011 12:48pm

But you didn't............

I have inquired of a local vehicle wrapping copy about the approximate cost to:

a) create a contrast roof when you also have a panoramic roof by wrapping with gloss black vinyl

b) to do a main body wrap and leave the original body colour roof

Here is the reply:

Quote:Hi Tim,

Many thanks for your enquiry to wrap your Range Rover Evoque.

I am not entirely sure to the size of the area on the roof, however having done similar jobs, we find that it works out the same as doing the whole roof, as we still need to use one full panel to eliminate joins. Therefore the cost would be around £200.

The full wrap minus the roof would be around £1500 inc VAT. It depends a bit on the exact colour. All of out work comes full guaranteed, and is to the very highest of standards.

If you would like any further information, or would like to book the car in, please got in touch.

Kind Regards

So a bit like doing the factory contrast roof it appears that regardless of the panoramic roof the cost to do it as a wrap is the same as doing the entire roof.

FYI I asked what it would cost to do the main body wrap for a COUPE so assume that as more work is necessary on a 5 door it may be more costly. I was interested in doing a Cosworth Metallic Blue wrap.........

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - leesug - 24-08-2011 01:50pm

Excellent post.

£200 to wrap the roof looks like an excellent option for Pure spec car where LR do not offer the facility.

Very tempted now.

Lee

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - Blackseries - 24-08-2011 02:48pm

(24-08-2011 12:48pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  I was interested in doing a Cosworth Metallic Blue wrap.........

Did they give you a selection of colours? When I enquired locally I was offered a range of blacks .......... and white!

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - XFullFatTim - 24-08-2011 03:18pm

No I didn't ask what colours they can do but looking at their website just about anything is possible from plain solids right through to mirror/ chromed.................

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - BOBM4N - 24-08-2011 03:51pm

now loving the thought of a contrast black carbon fibre roof.

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - XFullFatTim - 24-08-2011 04:02pm

There's a fake crocodile skin wrapped RRS for sale on eBay so anything is possible Bob!

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - evoqueboy - 24-08-2011 04:18pm

^^^ Tim I thought it was snake skin?

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - XFullFatTim - 24-08-2011 04:21pm

That's what it says in the ad, but it's very weird snakeskin if it is! Judge for yourself
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-RANGE-ROVER-SPORT-2-7-TDV6-22-WHEELS-/250878748942?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a6989e90e#ht_1657wt_1139

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - J77 - 24-08-2011 08:14pm

Did you really have to add another link to that thing. Although there is a guy going around with a 10my RRS with the Hibernian football club tartan wrap.

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof? - Token - 25-08-2011 07:09pm

I'm completely sold on the idea of a Frozen Grey wrap...but I can't help but be skeptical about the whole thing....seems too good to be true.

Anyone got any experience or 'wrapped' cars?