babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
New Range Rover - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Other Vehicles (/Forum-Other-Vehicles)
+---- Thread: New Range Rover (/Thread-New-Range-Rover)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Range Rover - sco77harris - 15-08-2012 09:00pm

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/08/land-rover-officially-reveals-2013.html

RE: New Range Rover - xxxx5 - 15-08-2012 09:07pm

I really like it. Maybe not sure about the rear light cluster, but the interior looks beautiful.

RE: New Range Rover - XFullFatTim - 15-08-2012 09:15pm

There are more comments in the Off Topic section thread http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-New-full-fat?page=3

RE: New Range Rover - GibEvoque - 16-08-2012 09:10am

I really liked it, but going to wait for the new sport, just can't afford £70k+.

RE: New Range Rover - XFullFatTim - 16-08-2012 09:13am

I hope that those paying £70k+ don't get the dim witted Evoque satnav software that LR has had 12 months to fix while it has been road tested in Evoque

RE: New Range Rover - paulcon - 16-08-2012 10:45am

(16-08-2012 09:13am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I hope that those paying £70k+ don't get the dim witted Evoque satnav software that LR has had 12 months to fix while it has been road tested in Evoque

Good point well made. Had to use a £90 Tom Tom the other day instead of the multi-£££ LR Sat Nav. Terrible

I've looked in the book (well the wife did) and we still can't find a way to see the actual route details for the 3 options it always gives you.

Personally, I don't want 3 options. I just want to get were I'm going (pref, without a cheap but reliable sat nav stuck to my screen Embarrassed

As for the new FFRR it remains a car I could never own even if I could afford one as anyone of my build looks like a total idiot driving something the size of a small planet, however easy it is to drive Embarrassed

RE: New Range Rover - Urban Splash - 16-08-2012 11:02am

It looks like the same nav unit as in Evoque.....certainly looks the same in the pics. No improvements software wise coming through then.....shame.

RE: New Range Rover - jettie1767 - 16-08-2012 02:28pm

I like the new design. It looks like a stretched and upsized Evoque. But, I've always liked the RRS better so I wonder what that will look like in a year or so.

RE: New Range Rover - Lone Rangerover - 16-08-2012 04:27pm

(16-08-2012 02:28pm)jettie1767 Wrote:  I like the new design. It looks like a stretched and upsized Evoque. But, I've always liked the RRS better so I wonder what that will look like in a year or so.

Im already wondering if they will change the bolt pattern to the Evoque bolt Pattern - those wheels look like 22 inch versions of the evoque wheel. Would look mighty fine on an evoque

RE: New Range Rover - XFullFatTim - 16-08-2012 05:24pm

The wheels are indeed 22" versions of the Evoque Style 6's. Over on FullFatRR.com they all think it looks a lot like the RRS, I think in the normal wheelbase version Gerry MacGovern has got the car spot-on. There are way too many existing FFRR owners who like the current design for LR to upset by being too radical with the design. Next RRS is to be based on a shortened version of the same underpinnings and I'm sure also won't look too dis-similar to the current model as all those who have come to love their RRS's after BMW's and Q7's etc have been equally vocal about not changing the shape too much just for the sake of changing it to look more avantgarde and modern.