babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Giant side mirrors!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comments have been made that the side mirrors on the Evoque are rather large! This can't help with wind noise at speed or the drag coefficient/fuel efficiency. If it's to match the 'chunky' design of the Evoque, why do they still appear so big against this design? My only thought is perhaps they avoid blindspots? Confused

Having written the above, you should note I'm just killing time until my test drive on Saturday! Very Happy
Euro legislation dictates the size which is related to the frontal area of the car. I think.....
Having driven a prestige coupe there is some wind noise, however it is not overly intrusive.
They also have to contain lights, indicators and cameras, as well as motors and mirrors.
ANT
Rolling Eyes
Legislation, indeed is the correct answer Smile
At 70mph for 8 hours driving the only wind noise I detected from the side mirrors was when I passed a coach or a bus, otherwise I haven't detected any. This car doesn't appear to have laminated / double glazed side windows like I have been used to and the lack of wind noise is notable. I do get a fair bit of tyre noise, but I put that down to the Craptinental tyres the car is running on, they have always been noisy tyres in my experience
Tim,

You stated elsewhere re tyres that Pirellis are an option - where is that as I can't find it on the configurator - and would they be better (quieter than the Conti's?)
I prefer the Contis on my Full Fat than my previous Full Fat that ran on Pirellis.
If you go into the RRE accessories section of the LR website rather than the configurator I think it is mentioned there. I have no idea as I haven't found another Evoque owner yet, let alone another owner with Pirellis, that I can ask!
Reference URL's