babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Few Questions on a 2016 Evoque Lease
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

First post! Hope I'm getting this in the right place. Do let me know if I'm not - I'll be happy to move the topic!

I've done some research in the past few weeks, and it looks like I can afford a RR Evoque lease. I'm mostly looking at the Pure (this is the base model, correct?), but I had a few questions and I can't seem to find answers on them anywhere else. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

2. For lease deals, it seems like there's a huge amount of variance. I don't drive too much (I commute, but very low miles), so a 7.5k yearly mileage lease is definitely enough for me. I see that a dealership in NJ is offering a 2016 Evoque for $259/mo [36mo] with a $2,995 cap cost reduction and $0 down, plus fees I assume. This seems insanely cheap. At my local dealership (which would be Land Rover of Alexandria), they're offering 7.5k miles, $3,999 down and a $0 security deposit for $339.99/mo for 39 months. As you can see, it seems that the NJ dealership is much, much cheaper. MSRPs on both of these are practically the same - around $47k. If getting a good lease deal requires driving to NJ, I really don't care if it's going to save a lot of money, but I just wanted to know if things like this are common - should I expect to look for dealerships around surrounding states?

3. I see with these leases, I'm charged $795 for a "delivery fee". Does that mean I have the ability to customize a RR, just for my lease? For me, all I'd really want to choose is colors, and keep it totally stock. This seems like the best monetary value, since residual values seem to be highest with lower options, at least in lower-end Evoques, but do let me know if that's not the case.

4. Does anyone have residual value information on a stock 2016 Evoque (no extra options) and a money factor? Couldn't seem to find any data on the 2016.

A few quick questions about the Evoque itself (non-lease related)--

5. How's the sound system in the Evoque? Does it feature a USB / Aux input by default?

Thanks so much for your help!
Welcome to the forums, although your post is specific to NA spec I will leave it in this section as other European members may be able to contribute more answers

Sorry that I can only answer one of your questions - the 68mpg will be for the Ingenium diesel engined Evoque I suspect, the gasoline engine in Evoque is a Ford 2.0ltr Ecotec unit but I believe that there will be a petrol Ingenium engine in the future.
As far as I am aware the 2016 does have USB and an Aux socket too.

You will find the European NCAP safety test is 5* and you can read it here
http://www.euroncap.com/en/results/land-...oque/10980
(17-03-2016 06:58pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forums, although your post is specific to NA spec I will leave it in this section as other European members may be able to contribute more answers

Sorry that I can only answer one of your questions - the 68mpg will be for the Ingenium diesel engined Evoque I suspect, the gasoline engine in Evoque is a Ford 2.0ltr Ecotec unit but I believe that there will be a petrol Ingenium engine in the future.
As far as I am aware the 2016 does have USB and an Aux socket too.

You will find the European NCAP safety test is 5* and you can read it here
http://www.euroncap.com/en/results/land-...oque/10980
Thanks for all the help!

Glad to see that Europe had a safety test on it - there were none available, at least that I could find, in the US.

That's what I figured with the engine. Hopefully a US model will feature that soon!
LR launched a federalised TDv6 3.0ltr diesel in the US spec Range Rover Sport at the end of last year and that has proved to be quite popular BUT it doesn't have the same incredible performance that the SDv6 3.0ltr version that we have in Europe also if you are doing small annual miles, less than 12,000 miles, and a lot of commuter/ city stop start motoring then a diesel isn't operating at its most efficient, diesels work best with steady speed fully warmed up, long distance driving to achiev their full mpg potential.
(17-03-2016 08:38pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]LR launched a federalised TDv6 3.0ltr diesel in the US spec Range Rover Sport at the end of last year and that has proved to be quite popular BUT it doesn't have the same incredible performance that the SDv6 3.0ltr version that we have in Europe also if you are doing small annual miles, less than 12,000 miles, and a lot of commuter/ city stop start motoring then a diesel isn't operating at its most efficient, diesels work best with steady speed fully warmed up, long distance driving to achiev their full mpg potential.

Ah, okay. So I'd best fit with the current spec, then.
Reference URL's