babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Hmmm. Possible tailgate issue - and I've not even got it yet!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you may know, I've finally chose an Evoque on Saturday to be delivered to me after prepping and servicing by next Friday morning. A couple of issues are also to be sorted that I noticed during inspection. A few light scuffs on paintwork and wheels plus a missing parcel shelf and what looked like me to be the tailgate out of alignment. I wrote all that down on the work sheet as items that need doing.

Now, reading the forum it seems the tailgate is a common issue sometimes resulting in the parcel shelf being rubbed through which makes me more suspicious with the parcel shelf being missing. I'm thinking of getting back on to the dealer to let them know that if the tailgate isn't sorted, I'm going to reject the car.

Am I just being paranoid! I don't want to accept it then have months of ongoing grief getting it sorted. Have a look a the picture and let me know what you think.

[Image: A3156092-ECB8-4392-AD23-29A571D8280D_zpszlk16rb0.jpg]
I would like to see a closer picture of where the tailgate meets the left taillight. Doesn't look right in your photo. Don't accept the vehicle if it is not right!
The tailgate of mine has also been reported as a problem. This is more then a month ago. Since then I didn't hear anything of my dealer nor LR Belgium.
It seems I have to make a written complain if it is not going to be resolved the easy way.
10.000km, 6 months later and allready 6 issues with this brand new car. Never experienced this with another brand...
I've been onto the dealer and they assured me that it will definately be rectified before delivery this Friday so, fingers crossed!

I suppose I've got more chance of getting it fixed BEFORE I buy it!
There was a problem with early parcel shells rubbing boot rubber. If you are concerned with the tailgate alignment make sure the dealer knows you will not accept the car like this. Do not take delivery if tailgate isn't sorted out.
Thanks for that. I did notice that the tailgate seal had two small 20mm tears in it in the same position on opposite sides - looks like where the parcel shelf could have been catching now you mention it. They are also replacing that seal. I made the point of reminding them about the tailgate alignment this morning by email and asked them to confirm that it will be rectified before delivery. They replied almost immediately with "Steve, I can confirm that the tailgate and all other issues will be dealt with before we get the vehicle to you on Friday ..." so I'm pretty confident. They have been totally professional so far. I also asked that any software updates are up to date as well. While I was at it I also asked for the satnav to have the latest maps installed but I might be pushing my luck there as that was after the sale - should have remembered to ask for that before signing!

They are delivering it nearly 90 miles to my house so lets hope its not a wasted journey for them! Laughing
fab looking evo, but make sure all problems sorted or send it back.
Looking at that picture the tailgate seems lower than it should be.
When I saw it I walked round the dealership looking at others. Out of about a dozen cars, nearly all had dropped by some degree or another. Only saw two perfect ones. Shocking.
It might be that if they were used Evoques that the previous owner never looked on the internet so wasn't worried about it and was none the wiser that it is a known problem
Reference URL's