babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Are black wheels black throughout?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bought a spare evoque 9 spoke 20" alloy wheel as fancy having a full sized spare if I need it.

Noticed on the inside of the rim ( the part you normally can't see by the tyre) it's still partly silver.

Obviously all parts you see are gloss black. Is this normal or is the wheel I've bought a silver one sprayed black?
I had the Black Pack on my last car and I'm pretty certain that they were completely black, but also they were not "gloss" black they were "satin" finish. Maybe someone with a current Black Pack car can confirm
[Image: BBFE3D46-1CFD-48BA-A7B6-659D24556AA8_zpseegs4r9t.jpg]
That's interesting. I have the black pack and the wheels are very gloss black.

Saw this wheel on line claiming to be Oem and new, and this has a silver inside??

[Image: 6f925b219293340aa1d0fb8026cce917.jpg]

Tbh, not bothered either way, just interested.

Mine now.

[Image: 64A4E118-4495-456C-A8AD-E37952AE44BA.jpg]
Nick your evoque looks awesome!
Is that a Matt black wrap?
I had my wheels powder coated and they are completely black but my mate who is in the motor trade was very surprised, he seemed to think they are normally only black on the front half
Surely all wheels are silver alloy and just painted / Powder Coated Black, just like most Silver Alloys are just painted Silver, unless they are diamond cut and lacquered. Whether the inside of the rim is black is just down to the painting and finishing process. Main thing is no Aluminium Alloy is exposed as that corrodes extreemly rapidly.
(14-10-2015 10:09pm)ayox Wrote: [ -> ]Nick your evoque looks awesome!
Is that a Matt black wrap?

Thank you. It's actually a satin black wrap, but does look fairly Matt.
(15-10-2015 08:55am)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]Surely all wheels are silver alloy and just painted / Powder Coated Black, just like most Silver Alloys are just painted Silver, unless they are diamond cut and lacquered. Whether the inside of the rim is black is just down to the painting and finishing process. Main thing is no Aluminium Alloy is exposed as that corrodes extreemly rapidly.

That's a very good point. I questioned if they were black Oem as the black was a ragged edge finish, but looking around this seems to be the Oem finish.

[Image: e0a8152196c4a1532090d4ae9152c4b2.jpg]
Reference URL's