babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: New UK consumer protection laws on 1st Oct
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just listened to a very interesting item on You and Yours on R4 regarding new consumer laws coming into force tomorrow that have very big implications for car buyers and their rights. If I have understood it correctly, now you can demand a full refund of monies paid or a replacement vehicle within 30 days of purchase regardless of the fault, if outwith the 30 days then the dealer gets 1 (one) attempt to fix it within the next 6 months or you can demand your money back. Land Rover dealers and Land Rover is going to have to up their act on quality control and checking out cars before delivery I fear............. you can listen to it again on the Radio iPlayer and point out that I have misundetstood the new regs! The idea is to get around the continual returning to a dealership that some car buyers have been having with less than perfect new or used cars.

You should be able to find the programme here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06d8h10
Great for the UK consumer.

A long shot this; Does anyone know if this change is EU wide, or has the UK changed an 'Act' without seeking permission from the Fuhrer's of Brussels?...............Ooh er, my heel's clicked together then.
As far as I am aware this is a UK only regulation, why on earth should we share it? Smile)
It is most unlikely that any law's or Act's passed by the two house's in Westminster have been done so without prior consultation and agreement with Brussels. If you don't believe me, ask Gordon Brown.

Thumb's up for the Tories though, if they did go with this one alone.
Reference URL's