babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Can you identify these?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Purchased a Dynamic (Lux) over the weekend and took delivery of it yesterday - what a great car it is so far!

I've found these in my glove compartment - they look to be some kind of pull tabs but I can't see where they're from. Do they look familiar to anyone? Mainly, I just want to know if I can throw them in the bin or not!

[Image: hk9ZJd4.jpg]
(02-09-2015 10:57pm)Dyn Wrote: [ -> ]Purchased a Dynamic (Lux) over the weekend and took delivery of it yesterday - what a great car it is so far!

I've found these in my glove compartment - they look to be some kind of pull tabs but I can't see where they're from. Do they look familiar to anyone? Mainly, I just want to know if I can throw them in the bin or not!

[Image: hk9ZJd4.jpg]

They are mounting tabs for your front and rear mats, just screw them down on your carpet. Do note that the mounting holes for the rear rubber and rear carpet mats are different (AFAIK).
Awesome - thanks! I'll take a look in the morning.
The fronts should already be fitted by your dealer, these are the rears and are not really necessary so the dealer does not fit. I have 4 in my glove box too nearly 4 years on!
Yep just had a check and they are for the rear - but there's no holes for the rears (for my 3 door anyway). I'll keep them in the boot just in case! Thanks guys.
No holes are required, you just screw the fitting through the carpet then hook the mats over the arrow shaped bit, there should be holes in the rear foot well mats though.
There's holes in the mats but not in the actual foot well part:

[Image: kFAYK8e.jpg]

[Image: i5E8qYG.jpg]

Not a big issue - was just wondering where they came from! I've put them in a small back in the boot just in case I ever need them!

Thanks guys.
There aren't holes because you don't need them, the course threaded part of the hook just selftaps into the carpet pile.
If they aren't fitted then you should at least fit them to the driver's footwell if you have the mats there. They are to stop the mat creeping forward and preventing the pedals going right down, especially the brake and clutch pedals. There were incidents in a previous generation of RRS where there was a series of accidnets because people were not using the right footwell mats and that pre3vented the brake from being press fully down as the mat had bunched up under the brake pedal................
(03-09-2015 06:04pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]There aren't holes because you don't need them, the course threaded part of the hook just selftaps into the carpet pile.
If they aren't fitted then you should at least fit them to the driver's footwell if you have the mats there. They are to stop the mat creeping forward and preventing the pedals going right down, especially the brake and clutch pedals. There were incidents in a previous generation of RRS where there was a series of accidnets because people were not using the right footwell mats and that pre3vented the brake from being press fully down as the mat had bunched up under the brake pedal................

I've already got them in place for the front mats which is why I was confused - not sure why they added 4 extras when they aren't needed in the back but keeping them in case I ever need to replace the fronts!
Reference URL's