babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: I think keyless ignitions may be about to change!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
10 of the worlds biggest car makers sued in US, although LR are not specifically mentioned I feel this will likely affect them, and certainly Renault (also not mentioned) from previous experience!

Seems to affect cars that can be left to run when the driver and keyfob are no longer present.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/10-of...spartandhp
I'm not going to kick up a rant about the US compensation culture... but really???
"According to the complaint filed in Los Angeles federal court, carbon monoxide is emitted when drivers leave their vehicles running after taking their electronic key fobs with them, under the mistaken belief that the engines will shut off."

ffs Rolling Eyes
I bet that actually was not the belief at all.
Interesting that the case has been brought by the biggest maker of gas detection equipment and self contained breathing apparatus in the world too - Draeger............... They also don't mention that other stealth killer the Park Heat systems fitted to many cars, that is a remote start fuel burner that also emits CO. Unlike Europe, many cars sold in the States are also available with remote start systems so you can start your car without you actually being there so you can fill your garage with CO before you even get out to the car.
Reminds me of the complaint Ford brought against Ferrari after they introduced a race car called the F-150 which clashed with a Ford pickup truck of the same name.

The complaint claimed that Ferrari were trying to take advantage of the Ford reputation for technological leadership and product quality by using the same name. Of course.
Reference URL's