babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Evoque vs X1 or X3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I find myself confused with the category in which the RRE fits in to. Does it compare with X1 & Q3 or the X3 & Q5? I have read conflicting reviews which place the Evoque in both these categories.

Top Gear (UK) has compared it with X3 & Q5 under their new vehicle listing & Autocar (UK) has compared it with X1 & Infiniti EX.

What are your thoughts?

Abhishek
I think it sits on it's own and many on the forum would agree that this is a new pedigree in itself.
+1 Evoqueboy - I was just about to post exactly what you said
For outside dimensions (actually mainly lenght) and prices, it goes against X1 and Q3, but for quality and everything else (except for boot space) it goes against X3 and Q5; in other words, I also agree that it's in a "league of its own"
To me the Evoque is a high riding Audi A5 Sportback ..... or a less in your face BMW X6. I would never have bought an X1 or a Q3 they are just too ugly and ill proportioned – and have cheap generic imagination free interiors and no style. The Q5 is just too dull ......and X3 has no surprise and delight at all .... it’s just transport.

IMO the Evoque really does have a niche all to itself at the moment .... I think the magazines have been very lazy when actually thinking about what real people would see as competitors to the Evoque.
(03-09-2011 12:57pm)Blackseries Wrote: [ -> ]To me the Evoque is a high riding Audi A5 Sportback ..... or a less in your face BMW X6. I would never have bought an X1 or a Q3 they are just too ugly and ill proportioned – and have cheap generic imagination free interiors and no style. The Q5 is just too dull ......and X3 has no surprise and delight at all .... it’s just transport.

IMO the Evoque really does have a niche all to itself at the moment .... I think the magazines have been very lazy when actually thinking about what real people would see as competitors to the Evoque.

I'm not too sure that all of the car mags have been lazy in this respect as I've seen it compared against rivals as diverse as the obvious X1, X3, Q3, Q5 and things like the Audi A5, Range Rover Vogue, Nissan Infiniti and in Car Magazine this month Golf GTI, Peugeot RCZ, Mini Clubman and afew others.

I myself have just sold my Jag XF Diesel S Portfolio and are giving our youngest our MK6 golf and so doing with just the one car. We think that this may be the one as its stylish, seems to have a quality cabin and just enough room to make driving easy for the two of us.

The icing on the cake is that its likely to hold its value exceptionally well in the short term, so ifwe like it we'll probably order another (specified the way we would want it) in six months time or so.

------------------------------
Picking up our Orkney grey SD4 Prestige Auto with Park assist, privacy, and spare on the 15th.
In my country the eD4 Pure is the simikar price as X3, Q5, XC60 and the Mercedes GLK. All of them are bigger but I guess (hope) size doesn't metter, the Evoque shoukd provide comparable level of comfort, dynamics and quaility. And it looks better than all of them together Smile
Reference URL's