babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Shipped Evoque from Australia to UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

So I have the car back in the UK and its currently getting its IVA test. Hope to have it all back and legal when I'm back from my hols.

One thing I need is can someone else with an Australian Evoque can the process as per Stadt Panzer's pics to see if that process is possible on a AU spec Evoque.

As i do not believe that it is, as i can only set my trip units to mph from KM. i cannot set the speed travelling to mph Sad

I think this is a European software feature Sad

Also mines a 13.5 so it may be due to old software ??

Cheers,

Wag

(01-07-2015 07:08pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Just follow the photos. Wink
[Image: ab831d7534d699784c5e66f59e77429d.jpg][Image: d01f8ba60d96e6c6a0ced49eba7dadc7.jpg][Image: c5266355cb6ef3c211105462ad0de23c.jpg][Image: 961a5c19d96eec065e4bb36000c9e017.jpg]

Hi Mate,

Assuming the pics were from your MY15 European spec Evoque right?

Thanks,
Year buddy. They are.

But it was the same on my two previous Evoque's as well.
Just tried my Aussie Evoque - MY13 and seems you might be out of luck unfortunately.

Looks to work differently to the pics above - the trip computer can be displayed in miles - but the speedo display always defaults to km/h and can't be changed through the menus.

[Image: c1baa936ba5ad08465e8060d64e7edde.jpg]

Can Landrover UK not just change it over somehow?
Wagstafari I would be interested to know if your car had to ungo any special preparation in the way of decontamination of dust and dirt prior to it leaving Australia and being shipped to the UK. If I wanted to ship my car out to Aus I would have to prove that it had not been on farm land here and have the car taken to an Australian Government approved cleaning company in the UK for deep cleaning and decontamination from any bugs.
Australia is only protective of stuff entering the country, not what is leaving.
If anything, we can only contaminate he UK with pristine dirt being protected from contamination in the first place Smile
(19-09-2015 08:40am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Wagstafari I would be interested to know if your car had to ungo any special preparation in the way of decontamination of dust and dirt prior to it leaving Australia and being shipped to the UK. If I wanted to ship my car out to Aus I would have to prove that it had not been on farm land here and have the car taken to an Australian Government approved cleaning company in the UK for deep cleaning and decontamination from any bugs.

Hi mate, no restrictions at all when leaving !!!

Was easy Smile

Not so easy getting an import legal on the UK roads tho....

£1400s later....!

Wag
Gee, 1400 Pounds for what?
IVA testing Sad
What the hell do they check? That is a stupid amount of money.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's