babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: New South Wales Australia - Severe Wearher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have being seeing some gruesome video of houses and cars being washed away and getting reports of severe flooding and lots of swollen rivers in New South Wales here in Europe. Hope that all our members in New South Wales are safe and well.
Its happening north of Sydney so I am not impacted. We have had a very cold spell, so strong winds and showers. Up past Sydney they are saying it is like a cold cyclone that's taken place.
By "cold" do you mean below 25c? Wink
haha nope below 10C, can be cold here I have had many -9C mornings.

There have also been reports of several deaths over the last two days as well. Not good
It's a hot day here................ 14c, was -2 here this morning in Central Scotland
I live about 1hr north of Sydney on the Central Coast and we copped it big time! Trains were out, our basement flooded, it just kept going for two days. By cold we do mean below 20 degrees in this instance!

I had to drive around in it for a bit and definitely missed my Evoque...
Jeez, sorry to hear about this. Hope it's not caused too much damage to your basement and that you've seen the end of this extreme weather for a long time. As for the 'cold' weather you guys are now experiencing, it's around 14 degrees here in Scotland today as Tim says and I've seen people walking around with their shorts and sandals on, lol. Take care you guys in Oz.

Paula Smile
It makes a change, those of us in Scotland basking in the sun and those down under getting some of our weather.

I think it's to turn a bit wetter and cooler by the weekend.
Thanks Tim. I live on the coast in Sydney and the storms took their toll on the beaches. [Image: 27d04252e480e9aa17805eae25771790.jpg]
It's another cracking day here today - it 22c in my back garden out of the breeze and I even had to close the pano roof blind to help keep the interior of the car cool while it was parked up but it will be back to winter for the weekend with snow forecast for some parts.

Glad you guys down-under survived OK, sounds like there were some unhappy passengers on a cruise ship that got shut out of the port.................. spoiled lot whinging about how it was rolling around in the swell - don't they realise that they are on a ship, they do that in bad weather. Unfortunately for me I have rather a lot of Carnival shares so it looks like compensation to them passengers will reduce my dividend again this year...............
Reference URL's