babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Really I do enjoy my new 2015 Evoque Prestige but...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are a few odd behaviors that I'm having a hard time getting used to:

1) In ECO mode if you come to a stop and put the car in Park, it acts as if you pressed the Stop button on the dash and everything is turned off...hard to adjust to.

2) When I come to a stop, engage Park and shut off the car, there appears to be no (accessory delay) feature like almost all cars have these days, where the radio, phone, etc. will continue to operate for 10 minutes...

3) Clunky powertrain...I've had intelligent AWD vehicles before and they were fairly seamless compared to the Active Driveline and Traction Control system my Prestige came with. Sometimes when I come to an abrupt stop (quick yellow light, etc.) after the vehicle stops there is a clunk, sort of like the drivetrain can't keep up with current driving conditions? Also, if driving somewhat aggressively, up to speed limit, then back off the throttle, sometimes I hear (and feel) a transmission/driveline "Clunk/Jerk"? I do like the way it will stay in 4-wheel drive with the rear torque vectoring operational if you are driving on the spirited side - (when I say "aggressively above" I'm in the 50% to 65% throttle range - not flooring it.)

4) I have the Surround Camera, BSM system with Closing vehicle sensor and reverse traffic detection, Advanced Park Assist with Perpendicular Park systems and yet it seems they don't work unless you select them via the center stack side buttons... I have sensors and cameras all over the vehicle and yet if I pull too close the to car in front of me in the drive through line - nothing beeps or happens. The Reverse and Cross traffic sensors seem to work fine but the front & rear proximity sensors nor the surround camera system appear to work unless I manually select them? All of my recent vehicles have had the proximity sensors (front and rear) and they work automatically unless you manually turn them off via dash mounted button. Then they reset to auto when the car is restarted.

My apologies for the longish post, but I really wanted to see if the above behaviors are "Life with RRE" or is there perhaps something not right with my particular RRE?
1) In ECO mode if you come to a stop and put the car in Park, it acts as if you pressed the Stop button on the dash and everything is turned off...hard to adjust to.

I drive a Manual with Stop start, and it does this if you open a door while the engine is in ECO stopped mode as the car decides you are no longer intending on driving it. In that form it works well, but sounds like for the Automatic Stop/Start they do not intend that you select park until you are stopped at the end of the journey if what you say is normal.

2) When I come to a stop, engage Park and shut off the car, there appears to be no (accessory delay) feature like almost all cars have these days, where the radio, phone, etc. will continue to operate for 10 minutes...

When you say "and Shut off the car" I assume you mean press the Start/Stop button, from point 1 the car has already entered accessory mode when you selected park, pressing the Start/Stop turns off the car as if you'd just taken the key out.

3) Clunky powertrain...I've had intelligent AWD vehicles before and they were fairly seamless compared to the Active Driveline and Traction Control system my Prestige came with. Sometimes when I come to an abrupt stop (quick yellow light, etc.) after the vehicle stops there is a clunk, sort of like the drivetrain can't keep up with current driving conditions? Also, if driving somewhat aggressively, up to speed limit, then back off the throttle, sometimes I hear (and feel) a transmission/driveline "Clunk/Jerk"? I do like the way it will stay in 4-wheel drive with the rear torque vectoring operational if you are driving on the spirited side - (when I say "aggressively above" I'm in the 50% to 65% throttle range - not flooring it.)

Sorry no clucking in the Manual, can't help with Automatics, doesn't sound right though.

4) I have the Surround Camera, BSM system with Closing vehicle sensor and reverse traffic detection, Advanced Park Assist with Perpendicular Park systems and yet it seems they don't work unless you select them via the center stack side buttons... I have sensors and cameras all over the vehicle and yet if I pull too close the to car in front of me in the drive through line - nothing beeps or happens. The Reverse and Cross traffic sensors seem to work fine but the front & rear proximity sensors nor the surround camera system appear to work unless I manually select them? All of my recent vehicles have had the proximity sensors (front and rear) and they work automatically unless you manually turn them off via dash mounted button. Then they reset to auto when the car is restarted.

The Parking sensors do not turn on automatically going forwards they actively turn off when you reach a small forward speed, so you have to enable them manually, many find this a difference to other cars, They are however enabled when you select Reverse, you can see the light on the "P" button on the Dash comes on when you select Reverse. So careful going forwards into a parking space!

I'd have thought surround cameras would need manual selection, but the reversing cam is automatic with the Reverse gear, I only have a reversing Cam so can't advise on the surround cameras.
(16-04-2015 09:58am)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]1) In ECO mode if you come to a stop and put the car in Park, it acts as if you pressed the Stop button on the dash and everything is turned off...hard to adjust to.

I drive a Manual with Stop start, and it does this if you open a door while the engine is in ECO stopped mode as the car decides you are no longer intending on driving it. In that form it works well, but sounds like for the Automatic Stop/Start they do not intend that you select park until you are stopped at the end of the journey if what you say is normal.

When you say "and Shut off the car" I assume you mean press the Start/Stop button, from point 1 the car has already entered accessory mode when you selected park, pressing the Start/Stop turns off the car as if you'd just taken the key out.

Sorry no clucking in the Manual, can't help with Automatics, doesn't sound right though.

The Parking sensors do not turn on automatically going forwards they actively turn off when you reach a small forward speed, so you have to enable them manually, many find this a difference to other cars, They are however enabled when you select Reverse, you can see the light on the "P" button on the Dash comes on when you select Reverse. So careful going forwards into a parking space!

I'd have thought surround cameras would need manual selection, but the reversing cam is automatic with the Reverse gear, I only have a reversing Cam so can't advise on the surround cameras.

Thanks Phil, that helps, still when I pull to a stop and put the car in Park - and want the engine/ignition system off but still want to be able to hear the radio, operate windows, finish a phone call, etc. how do I keep everything active if when I shut off the engine it all goes dead? I now know I can press the radio vol button and at least the sound system will come back on, but apparently there really is no "accessory delay" feature built into the RRE. Most cars these days (even with the passive key recognition and push button start) will let you turn off the ignition and will still allow you to operate the accessories for like 10 minutes before all goes off.
If you put your foot down on the footbrake the engine will stop, select N, activate the parking brake and everything will continue to operate for up to 10minutes unless you have the aircon running full bore when that will be shortened and the engine will restart. If you have to go into P and press the Stop button or unbuckle a seat belt, then press (without your foot on the brake) the stop/start button (the equivalent of truning a key ignition to position 2) then you can run any of the car's electrical systems for up to 10 minutes.
(16-04-2015 07:59pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]If you put your foot down on the footbrake the engine will stop, select N, activate the parking brake and everything will continue to operate for up to 10minutes unless you have the aircon running full bore when that will be shortened and the engine will restart. If you have to go into P and press the Stop button or unbuckle a seat belt, then press (without your foot on the brake) the stop/start button (the equivalent of truning a key ignition to position 2) then you can run any of the car's electrical systems for up to 10 minutes.

Tim, thanks, that's what I was hoping for. I must have had my foot on the brake when I tried to just go into the ignition position 2 (accessories only). I'll check that out and when I come to a stop and select Park, then I'll take my foot off the brake before pressing the Stop/Start button and if I understand you correctly that should leave me in key position 2. with accessories only on for up to 10 minutes.
I've learned that you can also push the radio control button (doubles as volume control) to get 10 minutes of radio. The infotainment screen will even warn you when the time is about to end. Then I decide if I'm going to push it again or restart the car.
If I push and hold the on/off button for a few seconds, the radio works for hours...
Reference URL's