babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Realistic expectations for an Evoque?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I am after a little advice I have recently thought about getting an Evoque to replace my 3 series coupe, however am I being unrealistic in what I want.

Under 3 years old
Sub 45k miles
SD4 Dynamic
Less than £30,000

Any help would be appreciated
yep you should just about manage that. look on ebay, quite a selection.
I can find a few but they seem to be older than 3 and it must be newer for car allowance. Are there any options that are a must ??
If you can find a Lux Pack for the price go for it, they are listed in the guides as a seperate model so may cost more. Lux pack includes Panoramic roof, TV + Dual view screen, powered tailgate and a couple of other things. As dealers don't give anything for a single optional extra then don't pay additional for a single extra outside of the Lux pack. If you can get one with the Plus pack (they are Recaros but not branded as Recaro) sports seats even better as they cost £2500 when new and are worth nothing come trading in time. A spare wheel is a factory fit option so don't expect to find one BUT if there is a wheel shaped polystyrene holder then ask where the spare and the jack/ tools are as the car should have one with that fitted, it was £180 factory option, but a lot more if retro-fitted. Dynamic comes well equipped in standard form, but desirable extras are powered tailgate, heated steering wheel, spare wheel, panoramic roof, aeroflip spoilers were a small balck spoiler on the trailing edge of the main spoiler, on early (2011MY and 2012MY up to Sept 2012) it was free but on later cars it is an extra cost option at £150. Dynamcis should also have 20" Style 6 alloys as standard, nothing smaller. One thing to watch for as well is that it is a 5 seater - there was an option(no cost) on ealry cars to have a two seater rear seating arrangment. On cars with a dark interior it is desirable to have the Panoramic roof but it isn't essential but consdieably lightens the interior especially in the coupe which has a slightly lower rear roof line. There are no colours to particularly avoid although the car looks best in vibratant colours, red and white. There are some odd interior colours - Savannah is a sort of pale pea-green............... The 6 speed auto is worth having too - paddle shifting is standard and it is actually faster accelerating than the manual (just!) but doesn't have Stop/Start technology that the manual has.
The earliest cars were September 2011 deliveries and were nearly all very high spec BUT there are some preproduction press cars around too - if you are offered a Stornoway Grey Dynamic snap it up as only one was let out of the factory and it belonged to a minor member of the royal family! IIRC there was only one special edition in the first 2 years (discounting the £90,000 Beckham Edition of which there are 3 in the UK) and that is the Black and Metallic Scillian Yellow special which was Dynamic spec in either metallic Black with Yellow roof or Metallic Yellow body with black roof.
Make sure there is rear ventilation factory fitted. Wasn't on mine and can't be retrofitted.

In terms of spare wheel. Mine came without but I got them to throw one in post delivery. They just took one out of a demonstrator and swapped it in to mine so don't think it needs to be factory fitted.
The spare wheel doesn't need to be factory fitted but if fitted it should be in an insert along with the right tools. Regarding the rear ventilation - it was always an optional extra so need not necessarily be there, but if the vents are fitted check that they are connected up properly as many found that they could only get cold air out of them.
Ref: rear air vents.
The first RRE weren't available in the UK with the rear air vent option. Many of us, including myself ticked this option only to be told we couldn't have it unless we opt for the Rear headrest monitor option.
Not sure if or when it was available on the UK model
Thanks for the heads up at the moment I am just trying to find a couple of cars matching my criteria it seems they are all over 30k which I like haha typical any one know of any?
There is huge demand for them on the used market as you are finding, so folks can ask high prices. Must you have a Dynamic? Apart from the AD system (which is optional on the Prestige) you might get a lower price on a Prestige with the optional adaptive dynamics and 20" wheels.
It's the body styling kit that I want as it looks a lot more aggressive imo can you get theprestige with the same look?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's