babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Evoque Plus for late 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
According to this week's Autocar (and doubtless it will be in AutoExpress and What Car? Magzaines as well) LR is in final testing of an Evoque that is bigger than the current one to allow 7 seats, V6 engines and airsuspension, but smaller than the RRS, sort of RRS Lite! It will have sportier handling than the RRS due to being lighter and there will be a fully electric version with 300 miles range on a charge. Spectulation is that it also have Ingenium 2.0ltr TD and Petrol engines and is a Land Rover "sister" for the F-Pace and they will share a lot of common bits......... no mention of an SVR version yet! Prices expected to be between £40,000 and £65,000. Just hope that LR can engineer out the rattles and improve the quality to match a £65,000 car - two things that Evoque need rapid and serious attention to now
This may have figured in LR's reasoning to drop the £53,000 RRS2 TDV6 SE some 14 months ago. Leaving range gap for another model and to enable them to drive RRS2 prices even higher. Or am I just a synic!!
Quote:

<snip> Just hope that LR can engineer out the rattles and improve the quality to match a £65,000 car - two things that Evoque need rapid and serious attention to now

^^^ I have seen a few comments from you re: rattles and squeaks. We collected a new Dynamic yesterday and it feels very tight and rattle free (just like my D4). When did your rattles start..?

Also the build quality seems every bit as good as I expected.

cheers

simon
We suffered rattles due to poor build quality from day one on both of our Evoques.
OK, so hopefully if ours has started off OK it might be a good one..Wink

Our D4 is 3 years old and is as tight as the day we got it, so hope the Evoque is just as good. On the other hand, my Defender is deafening..Wink

cheers

simon
(09-04-2015 10:50am)couplands Wrote: [ -> ]OK, so hopefully if ours has started off OK it might be a good one..Wink

Our D4 is 3 years old and is as tight as the day we got it, so hope the Evoque is just as good. On the other hand, my Defender is deafening..Wink

cheers

simon

LR can do good build quality if they want, even at Halewood. Prior to our Evoques we had a FL2 for three years, not a single rattle only ever visited a dealer for its annual service.
My first Evoque was brilliantly built but it seems that trying to keep up with demand late 2013 and a lot of 2014MY cars were not built to the usual high standard and management didn't seem to give a toss as the car was selling so well. According to Autocar in the same article LR expected Evoque sales to be around 35,000 pa in UK and in fact it was 125,000.
I saw on TV lastnight an ad for the new Suzuki Vitaroque............... costs a lot less than an Evoque and you can bet it won't rattle or squeak no matter how many the factory has to churn out. I think Halewood went a bit off the rails last year in the headlong rush to fulfill orders. My new RRS is much much better screwed together.
Don't see the point of yet another Range Rover, starting to milk it a bit.

What about those that want a proper Landy who have to go without because the iconic Land Rover will be missing from the range.
(09-04-2015 12:37pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't see the point of yet another Range Rover, starting to milk it a bit.

What about those that want a proper Landy who have to go without because the iconic Land Rover will be missing from the range.

Very good point as that may be us in a few years time when we have blown our money on 'F' for Freddy and can no longer reach what is going to be a £40k plus entry level to the brand!
By all means introduce one, after the next generation Defender is out.

We've got premium Range Rovers, lifestyle Discoverys now let's get the dual purpose Defenders out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's