babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Most stupid and selfish thing I have ever seen!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure if this is the correct section to post this.

But just wanted to vent my frustration and anger due to something I have just experienced!

This morning I went and had my car washed at a locally well known and trusted hand wash.
Afterwards my partner wanted to call at Sainsburys to do a bit of shopping.
I hate supermarket car parks for probably the same reasons as most on this forum!
Drove around until I found a safe spot. On the end of a row with nothing beside me.
I stayed in the car while the missus went in to do her bit!
Suddenly I heard a hissing noise. Just across from me, was some selfish idiot with an old rust bucket of a discovery lying down spraying his exhaust silver. He had obviously just been into halfords next door for the paint. But thought it better to spray it there, and get overspray on other peoples cars than take it home and get it on his wife's!!
Then he proceeded to spray his wheels silver.
As the wind was blowing towards me, I decided to quickly move. As I noticed silver particles on my windows glinting in the sun!
How selfish can you get!!?!
I feel sorry for the 2 cars parked either side of him as well!
Felt like going over and telling him what I thought. But would probably have been told it was none of my business, or worse!!
People like that make me so bloody angry!!
You should have pointed out the damage he was doing to your car and the others - a supermarket carpark is not a suitable place to be spray painting a car. Maybe you should go into the supermarket and claim against them for cleaning the paint off your windows
I was parked in a Sainsbury's car park a few years ago and had one wheel over the white line. They "fined" me £70 for that....I would hope they take the same approach to someone using the car park as a spray booth..!

cheers

simon
(08-04-2015 06:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]You should have pointed out the damage he was doing to your car and the others - a supermarket carpark is not a suitable place to be spray painting a car. Maybe you should go into the supermarket and claim against them for cleaning the paint off your windows

I was so livid at the time Tim. If Rosie was any longer than she was. I would have confronted him. And it wouldn't have been worth getting arrested for!!

What I should have done in hindsight, is video him with my phone. Then shown it to sainsburys!
(08-04-2015 09:01pm)couplands Wrote: [ -> ]I was parked in a Sainsbury's car park a few years ago and had one wheel over the white line. They "fined" me £70 for that....I would hope they take the same approach to someone using the car park as a spray booth..!

cheers

simon

Simon, I don't get this how can Sainsbury's fine anyone for having a wheel over a white line? I understand if you park somewhere and you don't pay the fee but a white line?

I would have told them to stuff it, cheeky f.....s.
(09-04-2015 07:43am)Stadt Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Simon, I don't get this how can Sainsbury's fine anyone for having a wheel over a white line? I understand if you park somewhere and you don't pay the fee but a white line?

I would have told them to stuff it, cheeky f.....s.

They claimed I was taking two parking spaces and was specifically noted on their car park signs. To be honest I wasn't sure of my legal standing and wussed out of having the argument. I think if it happened now I'd be less understanding...Smile

Cheers

Simon
(09-04-2015 08:02am)couplands Wrote: [ -> ]They claimed I was taking two parking spaces and was specifically noted on their car park signs. To be honest I wasn't sure of my legal standing and wussed out of having the argument. I think if it happened now I'd be less understanding...Smile

Cheers

Simon

Shit like that just get's my blood boiling. Twisted Evil
Going to do my shopping at Waitrose from now on!

Better class of idiot!!
(09-04-2015 08:26am)Simplesimon Wrote: [ -> ]Going to do my shopping at Waitrose from now on!

Better class of idiot!!

Our local Waitrose car park scares me, the average age of the drivers seems to be around 70, with zero spacial awareness, driving posh cars with corner scrapes.
When we go to town (125 miles away) to do a big shop every 6 or 7 weeks, the supermarket we use has two bays in a far corner surrounded by kerbs. We always go for that and straddle the two bays so no one can get near the car. These bays are usually empty as most people are too lazy to walk from the far end of the car park. The only time we have seen the bays occupied is by someone else in a nice car doing the same as us. If said supermarket tried to impose a fine they would get the wrong end of my temper and that much negative publicity it would cost them many times the fine. Whilst careless parking and taking up extra space is one thing, I feel the supermarkets should have a sense of duty to offer some protection to customers cars. As most carparks are monitored by CCTV, a simple sign saying 'You are on CCTV, You bump someones car they will be provided with the evidence'. May make most people think twice but of course not the hard core idiots.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's