babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Nitrogen in tyres
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had changed to nitrogen inflated tyres, and what are if any the noticeable differences.
No difference in running with nitrogen filled tyres - the theory is that they deflate more slowly than "air" filled tyres and maintain pressures better.................. cynical me says that it's another way to get a couple of extra Euros out of you!
I suppose my thinking was the temp changes summer-winter I experience here may benefit from Nitrogen. The local KwikFit (Spanish equiv) only charge €2 per wheel so think it may be worth it.
Given that the air we breathe contains almost 80% nitrogen, I would say that it's a complete waste of money.
for 99% of road cars its a waste of money.
In Australia with NO2 you have too have green air caps, fine if you have normal Land Rover stuff on your wheels. If your like me and have Range Rover centre caps and air caps you won't want to replace your nice RR caps for plane green ones.

Ah the pain of being and elitist
Reference URL's