babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Hyper-miling in my Evoque!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well no complaints about fuel economy today, everything was right except the traffic on the southern M6 and M1 which was why I got it up to 57.9mpg at one stage! That was between Sandbach services and Watford Gap Services, but between Watford Gap and Luton this afternoon I still managed to eek out 54mpg through all the 60mph restricted sections of roadworks on the M1. Stop start worked really well when stopped in the traffic too. It further supports my theory that RRE is at it's most economic when the ambient temperature is between 8c and 14c - for most of today the temeprature display ahs shown 11-13c. This is the same at home on the run from home to Stirling 18 miles I can get 46-49mpg at 60mph in the present weather (between the temperatures above) but it falls to 36-39 when it is colder and there is load on the battery/ alternator or warmer and the climate is chilling air a lot. Also helped today that the wind was favourable too. I'll have to figure out how to save the Incontrol Remote display somehow.
It means that I have done the 350 mile trip south at an average speed of around 60mph because of delays on the motorway and two comfort stops but with an average mpg of 55, assuming that the fuel gauge is accurate then I have another 120 miles range left which should be enough to get me to Barnet tomorrow afternoon.
Reference URL's