babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Evoque went today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I took delivery of my LR Disco Sport today and hence the Evoque has gone. The reason for change is that we want something a bit larger with more luggage room. We tried a RRS which was excellent but really didn't feel it justified a £25k premium over a DS. We had the Evoque for 2 years 9 months and 34k miles.
During that time it has been completely reliable and rattle free. The only times we have returned to the dealer has been for service and to order the new car. My only quibble has been disappointing fuel consumption although that has been improved in the 9 speed version.
First impressions of the DS are excellent; the 9 speed auto is really good whilst the car rides rather better than the Evoque. That's probably down to the longer wheelbase and revised rear suspension. Loads of room inside the car and boot area. Otherwise its not so different from the Evoque, a good thing. First run of 78 miles returned 40.3 mpg so very much in line with other consumption figures for 9 speed SD4 vehicles.
tim, nice enjoy your new ride and post a pic?
It is interesting that you comment on the ride - much of the motoring press has also commented that the DS rides better than Evoque and in today's Autocar there is also a comment that their loaner DS rides better than their RRS2. If I han not wanted the optional low range/ transfer gear box of the RRS I would probably have gone for s DiscoSport however I'm really pleased with how well my RRS rides on it's 22" wheels, certainly no worse than the Evoque on 20" wheels. Great promise for the facelift Evoque's ride too it LR can achieve what they have with DS and can replicate it in Evoque.
Must admit I'm really impressed with the DSs handling and ride comfort, perhaps how the Evoque should've been. The new setup on rear makes a big difference. As you say the futures bright for the Evoque if the Disco Sport is anything to go by.
Reference URL's