babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: New Evoque
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just picked the new Evoque up this lunchtime nice handover with a
free brolly!!
We then went for a drive round the lakes from Carlisle I think about 80 miles impressed by the consumption read outs on the trip computer the best figure being 50.9 and the worst being 42.7 not bad really when you consider that there was approx 40 miles of motorway driving, however good to
know that the figures will get better once the car is bedded in.
First impressions are that the car is def not as sprightly as my Freelander 2 but that could be due to newness and me being careful and also the Freelander did have a synergy box also the car did feel really tight obviously with only six miles on the clock that is to be expected.Love the interior it really is top of the range and the espresso finish is superb in fact probably the best interior I have ever had.
I am not so sure about the ride I did think that sometimes it was not as smooth as the Freelander 2 but maybe I am being too critical and perhaps the tyres could be overinflated
All in all I am really delighted and look forward to a few years of really good motoring and any negatives are easily out weighed by the fantastic look of the car and hopefully a rattle free history.
Must also say that I found the 9 speed box really good in fact throughout the whole drive I had no issues at any time no hesitation no over revving just so easy
My fingers and toes are all crossed now hoping that I have not put a curse on it
Do you have Magneride Suspension and the Dynamic program on the Terrain Response, which wheels do you have as 20's have lower side walls which = a very slightly harsher ride. I'm collecting a new RRS on Saturday and will be interested to see how it rides on 22" wheels and very low profile tyres, it will also have air suspension and the Dynamic Response program. It could be that regarding suspension you are comparing apples and oranges to compare the Freelander with the Evoque as Evoques without Magneride have a harder suspension set up to the Freelander
(25-03-2015 10:29pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have Magneride Suspension and the Dynamic program on the Terrain Response, which wheels do you have as 20's have lower side walls which = a very slightly harsher ride. I'm collecting a new RRS on Saturday and will be interested to see how it rides on 22" wheels and very low profile tyres, it will also have air suspension and the Dynamic Response program. It could be that regarding suspension you are comparing apples and oranges to compare the Freelander with the Evoque as Evoques without Magneride have a harder suspension set up to the Freelander

Oh dear I think that you are right because the basic Pure has not got magneride ( whatever that is ) I imagine it is the extra Dynamic suspension package which would have been on the top of the range Evoque that I had a test drive on a few weeks ago. The wheels are the standard 18 inch so no probs there no doubt I will learn to live with the harsher ride but thanks for the info and best of luck for the new car I'm not jealous really
(25-03-2015 10:29pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have Magneride Suspension and the Dynamic program on the Terrain Response, which wheels do you have as 20's have lower side walls which = a very slightly harsher ride. I'm collecting a new RRS on Saturday and will be interested to see how it rides on 22" wheels and very low profile tyres, it will also have air suspension and the Dynamic Response program. It could be that regarding suspension you are comparing apples and oranges to compare the Freelander with the Evoque as Evoques without Magneride have a harder suspension set up to the Freelander

I tested a RRS 3.0SD HSE on 22 inch wheels and whilst the suspension soaked up long undulations the ride was quite harsh and choppy over small bumps and irregularities in the road surface. Over the New Year I rented a car that came with the 20 inch wheels and the ride was significantly better.
Thanks Tim, good job that I have ordered a spare set of 20" alloys to go with the car then - the rolling diameter is the same but the higher side walls absorb most of the bumps. I had a previous TDv8 RRS that rode on 20's when the 2.7TDv6 rode on 19's and the ride on the 20's was very compliant. All the on line reviews and items in magazines that I have read where the test car has been fitted with 22" wheels the comments have all been how comfortable the car rides on them when the opposite was expected.
(25-03-2015 10:55pm)Briany22 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh dear I think that you are right because the basic Pure has not got magneride ( whatever that is ) I imagine it is the extra Dynamic suspension package which would have been on the top of the range Evoque that I had a test drive on a few weeks ago. The wheels are the standard 18 inch so no probs there no doubt I will learn to live with the harsher ride but thanks for the info and best of luck for the new car I'm not jealous really

I have had a Dynamic for about 3 weeks now, and compared to my Pure that I had for 2 years before it, I would say that for everyday road conditions there is almost nothing in it Briany.
The tyres on the 18" wheels absorb well and reduce some of the feedback you feel with the 20" wheels. This is very slight and I have previously commented that there was no detectable difference. I did that having owned the pure and driving Dynamics as courtesy cars. But the reality for me (having lived with it for a while) is that the 18"s do a better job....JUST! and I'd have to be pushed hard to grumble about the feedback on the 20's anyway.
Now bring in the Magnaride on the dynamic and the dampening is somehow better...JUST!
I can't really find the words for it except to say it feels more sophisticated somehow.

So thats what I think for real world 'commutes'
Overall, I slightly favour the 20's on Magnaride and I'm sure when the going gets tough the Magnaride will come into its own, especially as the "Dynamic' setting in terrain response wouldn't exist without it.

Better but nothing to shout about most of the time.
Reference URL's