babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Another good review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(31-08-2011 06:33pm)Rattrala Wrote: [ -> ]Press and Journal review today

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2407719

Stupid of them to claim that the Evoque is for people who cannot yet afford a larger Range Rover. Perhaps people are buying one for other reasons - a smaller car, a more sporting driving experience than piloting something with the aerodynamics of a brick s..t house, a more adventurous design, you name it.
Yep, agreed. And presumably, someone who was desperate for a FFRR with 40k burning a hole in their pocket would just go ahead and buy one a few years old...

The Evoque is a different proposition, not necessarily a substitute. I certainly wouldn't want a FFRR or a RRS in London (obviously lots of people do, I just don't fancy it)
Agreed. Many people buying an Evoque can afford a RRS or FFRR.Twisted Evil
Why would they say that?
ANTShocked
It's a strange comment coming from them as their part of the country probably has the highest ownership of RRS and FFRR outside of London - Inverness and Aberdeen
What a silly comment. I've decided that I'm keeping the full fat as well.
I wish I could justify keeping the FFRR, but I don't use my 2nd car all that much as it is so having a 3rd would be a total waste - somebody else might as well enjoy the pleasures of a late plate low miles TDv8 Vogue with lots of extras!
Currently driving a LR4 and find it very nice to drive and was a saviour last winter. Unfortunately my wife couldn't get out of the driveway for 2 months last year in her two wheel drive car and started driving the Discovery, she likes the car but finds it too big for town journeys and especially parking in multiple storey car parks.

She has decided to go for an Evoque which will be much better in coping with the winter weather out in the "stick's" than her current 2WD sports with extra low profiles. She didn't want another Large 4 wheel drive , not because she couldn't afford it but will be a more suitable car for her needs - OH and it looks far better than either a RRS / FFRR / FL2 OR LR4. I might even get to drive it!
(01-09-2011 10:30am)Rattrala Wrote: [ -> ]She has decided to go for an Evoque which will be much better in coping with the winter weather out in the "stick's" than her current 2WD sports with extra low profiles.

Would have been cheaper to buy winter tyresLaughingLaughingLaughing
Reference URL's