babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: In the Market for a RRE - Advice required
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All. I am currently in the market for a new RRE which I will be acquiring via Personal Lease.

I am currently torn between the Dynamic LUX and the Autobiography.

Funnily enough the Autobiography prices up cheaper than the Dynamic LUX however I am unable to apply the Black Pack to this model which is quite frustrating.

What also worries me is the lack of Adaptive Suspension on the Autobiography which comes standard on the Dynamic LUX. How important is this for day to day driving?

Pricing aside, is the Autobiography really a mark above the Dynamic LUX and if you was in my situation which would you opt for?
On the UK configurator at http://www.landrover.co.uk it is possible to spec up a Black Pack Dynamic Lux coupe or 5 door, SD4 or Si4, even adding the plus pack or adding the "Premium" heated cooled seats instead of the Plus pack. If you use http://www.landrover.com then you get the GLOBAL website and cannot spec the Black Pack.
I have a Zanzibar Dynamic Lux, with Tan Plus pack, Black and Intelligence Packs shortly being part-exchanged to a London dealership with about 8500 miles on it and 12 months old. Regarding which to buy .................... I'm biased as this is my 2nd Dynamic.
Autobiography - but I am a little biased with one on order!
I have not gone for the adaptive dynamics on mine as I don't really need it but you can always add it as an option. As you say the black pack is not available on this model.
Black Pack has only ever been available on Dynamic's and not on Prestige or Pure. However spec the black wheels and get the other bits of body work done by wrapping, the problem will be the the tinted head and fog light glasses and the clear tail light lenses - might have to raid the ebay suppliers like PowerfulUK
(20-03-2015 09:01pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Black Pack has only ever been available on Dynamic's and not on Prestige or Pure. However spec the black wheels and get the other bits of body work done by wrapping, the problem will be the the tinted head and fog light glasses and the clear tail light lenses - might have to raid the ebay suppliers like PowerfulUK

Only upgrade on the Autobiography really is the climate front and heated rear seats right?

I'm a massive fan of the black pack so I am swaying towards the Dynamic LUX.
You can have the cooled front seats on a Dynamic as well if you tick the right boxes.
Yeap you can as I have them [emoji6]
(22-03-2015 07:44pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Yeap you can as I have them [emoji6]

Sounds like the Dynamic LUX is swaying it (it does come out stangely more expensive that the Autobiography on lease!).
Yes, that's because you are adding lots of extras to the Dynamic that come standard on an Autobiography in some cases. e.g. the cooled seats are an option of the very expensive Plus Pack on the Dynamic but standard on the Autobiography and I'm afraid that when it comes time to sell will be worth nothing on the Dynamic but you recoup their cost on the Autobiography as they were standard. When it comes time to sell a Dynamic Lux is a separate model and worth more than a Dynamic or a Dynamic Plus which are either basic model or an option pack. The values are reflected in the GFV when the leasing cost is calculated. My car for example is a highly specced Dynamic Lux with Plus Pack, Intelligence pack and Black pack, at sale time it is seen as just a Dynamic Lux................. despite having £2500 worth of very very comfortable seats in it and an awful lot of toys that are valueless as soon as you drive out of the dealership. When it goes on a dealership forecourt in a couple of weeks time it will be marked up heavily by the dealership to take all the extras into account - but then if you wanted to buy it you can use the argument that it is just a Dynamic Lux and negotiate around the price of all the packs as you will know the dealer only paid for a Dynamic Lux Wink
Understandable. Only extras I added to the Dynamic LUX was the Black Pack and Privacy Glass (Not overly fussed about the cooled seats). Comes out approx £80 more pm than a standard Autobiography.

Guess I have a big decision to make over the next few weeks!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's