babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Adaptive Xenon Headlights with cornering (Static Bending) lamps??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry all to be a PIA, but seems the OM is not very detailed when it comes to some of the options we have on our Evoques.

From the Land Rover Configurator description of the optional Adaptive Xenon headlamps:

"Signature design LED lights combine distinctive design with highly practical capabilities: The Xenon lamps swivel to follow the road, while static bending lamps light the kerbside area in tight bends to give the driver a greater sense of confidence during night-time driving. Includes Headlamp Powerwash"

Where are these "Static Bending Lamps Located"?
They are small spot lights that illuminate the kerb/ roadside on each side that come on when you are driving at less than 30mph and turn the steering wheel or use the indicator - the light comes on on the side that you turn the wheel toward or indicate toward. They are located where the white side marker lights are on cars with white side marker lights. They only come on when you have the headlights switched on at night or in a dark location like inside a multi-storey carpark
Some comparison pictures of the pre-facelift lights here:
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Headlight...6#pid35276
Thanks Gents for the schooling...while I do have the Adaptive Xenon Headlights I don't have the dark window (it appears there is a chrome insert in place of where the dark window would be). Are these perhaps not available in the States? Strange as my window sticker states "Adap Xenon Headlamps w/LED signature..." and I have seen them self level and move with the steering...? I wonder if this feature was "decontented" by the bean counters for 2015 models...anyone with a 2015 with Adaptive Xenon headlamps able to verify?

Never mind, I did read the last response in the thread that you provided the link for and it does state that North American models do not come with the kerbside lighting...(nor global closing windows for that matter) Smile
I have the Adaptive Xenon package. As noted in the last part of your post, I haven't noticed the side lights.
A while ago, myself and fellow member Lionhead did a bit of comparison between the UK/EUROPEAN spec AFS headlights and we found out from a bit of research that NAS Evoques with AFS Xenons do not come equipped with the static bending lamps, regardless of year of manufacture. This unfortunately is down to DOT regulations, which do not allow for static bending lights to be fitted on cars in the US. It's a shame as they are very effective. For once it's not down to the Land Rover bean counters, lol.

Paula
Thank all for your input and LOL, Paula, for once the beancounters didn't rule the roost Smile
Reference URL's