babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Voicetags. Help please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As my username suggests. I'm not very bright when it comes to things such as this!
Could someone please explain in laymans terms how to assign a voicetag to a phone contact?
Been trying for ages just to assign one to my missus number. She has 3 numbers: home, iphone and work.
I know how to call via prompts, but it takes forever. I have listened to the tutorial, and completed voice training etc!
Can I get system to call her by just saying 'call Rosie' or something like that!!?!

Where are you Tim? Sad
I'm here..................... it's all magic to me too, have never used the voice activation at all for any of it's functions as the system doesn't like my voice! I have a Parrott handsfree system in my defender and that is dead easy to voice train, but I gave up on the Evoque's system with my previous car!
(13-03-2015 10:53am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]I'm here..................... it's all magic to me too, have never used the voice activation at all for any of it's functions as the system doesn't like my voice! I have a Parrott handsfree system in my defender and that is dead easy to voice train, but I gave up on the Evoque's system with my previous car!

Ok. Thanks Tim.
Will keep messing with it. I think if you press and hold the green button it shows last few calls made. So if I can't figure voicetags, will do it that way!Wink
Yep, have to say, never used it... did the training, then gave up with it... And whilst I may accept a call while driving, I certainly don't make them anyway. If it's important i'll find somewhere to stop, and use the touchscreen interface to make the call, as I like the hands-free bit rather than plastering a phone to your ear.
(13-03-2015 11:32am)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, have to say, never used it... did the training, then gave up with it... And whilst I may accept a call while driving, I certainly don't make them anyway. If it's important i'll find somewhere to stop, and use the touchscreen interface to make the call, as I like the hands-free bit rather than plastering a phone to your ear.

Thanks Phil.Wink
Yes. There is nothing more annoying than seeing people with RRsports and other prestige cars driving around with their phones to their ears. When it's obvious they have Bluetooth connectivity. Makes my blood boil!Twisted Evil
And if you look at them funny. They look back at you as much to say what's it got to do with you!!
I think I have it sorted now.
Not really much shorter than doing it by the normal method to be honest. Just cuts out a couple of commands!!
(13-03-2015 12:53pm)Simplesimon Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Phil.Wink
Yes. There is nothing more annoying than seeing people with RRsports and other prestige cars driving around with their phones to their ears. When it's obvious they have Bluetooth connectivity. Makes my blood boil!Twisted Evil
And if you look at them funny. They look back at you as much to say what's it got to do with you!!

Agreed- If only we had Traffic police ( I would slow down !)
Reference URL's